× Members

Recent PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 9 months ago #261033 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Once again Matey, we are in the same position.
My copy of the HCP report arrived today & im shaking with anger and upset at how untrue it is.
I had to ask for a short break 3 times during the 57 minute call. Not according to the report.
So many inconsistencies.
I don’t know if I have the strength to argue my case.
Feeling desperate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261059 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi makinprogress,

I use that anger, that is when I have got past the wanting to throw the report out of the window stage, to fight on. I urge you to do the same.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 9 months ago #261408 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Today I received a letter from the DWP saying, they now have all the information they need to make a decision.

I wonder if many others on this forum have received this letter about their PIP review, rather than receiving the decision letter?

Can you tell me can the DWP ignore a letter from a Consultant Psychiatrist who specifically talk about how I'm not able to go out on a journey due to overwhelming psychological distress?

More
2 years 9 months ago #261412 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hello Matey,

In my experience they quite rarely go against a clear letter from a consultant, but it is not completely unknown. It does however give you very good grounds for requesting a MR / appeal if you need to.

I had one lady who sent in a really helpful consultant's letter, got the wrong first decision, nothing was changed at MR so we appealed. When the DWP saw the appeal papers they immediately offered the correct award.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 9 months ago #261446 by makinprogress
Once again Matey, I have received the same letter.
(Crossing with info I sent FAO The Decision Maker - hoping the ‘decision’ is not yet made & they will look at my info ?)
We are in the same boat !

More
2 years 9 months ago #261503 by makinprogress
Hi, I’m just looking for a little further advice. I sent my letter by special deliver FAO The DM, so I know it’s arrived. Should I attempt to phone & ask if it’s been ‘tied up’ to my assessment or just wait it out?
TIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.