× Members

Recent PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 4 months ago #265957 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi Matey

You could contact PIP and ask to speak to the decision maker, did you note down the name of the person who gave you the original information?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266014 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
No sadly, I did not in my shock take her name.

After several days of building up my confidence, I have phoned and asked to speak to someone about the mistake that seems to take taken place, between my phone call and what is actually in my M R decision letter.

A very nice sounding lady took notes and has asked for someone to call me. SomIm stall awaiting that call.

Can I just say, when someone kind and helpful sounding, answers the the phone at the DWP, how helpful this is to anxious claimants, like me, who have had to work themselves up, into being able to phone the DWP, in the first place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 4 months ago #266025 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi Matey

I fully understand what you are saying, they always say speak with a smile, it does help anxious claimants. Did you get the name of the very nice sounding lady who took notes ??

Whenever I speak to someone from DWP, the first question I ask is their name, if you do not know how to spell that name, ask them how to spell it. I always say, thats an unusual name how do you spell it, I can remember saying it to one lady who spelt their name ... Poppy, I had miss heard the named to the accent, but don't be embarrassed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 3 months ago #266245 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
After more chasing, I finally received a phone call back from the DWP, who had listened to the phone call they made to me. ( so there should be no reason why I won't receive the copy of the phone call that I have already requested).

Apparently they were just explaining to me that I can be awarded a ten year award - not that I would be awarded a ten year award. I am left to wonder, why tell me that ,when they only plan to award me half of that time?

There were no explanations for other things said in the call, like extra points and a higher award than I previously had.

The lady was very nice and advised me to seek advice and appeal, which I did appreciate.

I have now submitted an online tribunal appeal.

I wrote a two page submission on why I am appealing following the guides, and submitted a copy of my Psychiatrist's supporting letter.

Do I need to submit anything else that has already been seen by the DWP or is it only new information I should submit?

Thanks.

More
2 years 3 months ago #266253 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi Mately

You only need to submit new information. You will receive a copy of the evidence that the DWP is going to submit. When you get that you can always submit anything they've missed up to 72 hrs before the tribunal takes place.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.