× Members

Everyone's PIP review deadlines extended?? True??

More
2 years 9 months ago #261847 by Diamond 1
Mine was extended to Feb 2022 I have today received a letter saying I have me PIP interview over the phone on Tuesday What's going on ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261855 by BIS
Hi Deborah

If your award was extended until Feb 22 it meant that any time after Feb 21 you were likely to be reviewed. This happens up to a year before the end date of an award. In your case its about 6 months. They have to carry out the reviews before the end date to ensure that people do not find themselves without money.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 9 months ago #261859 by Faith

Mine was extended to Feb 2022 I have today received a letter saying I have me PIP interview over the phone on Tuesday What's going on ?

Hi Deborah,

Have you already returned your completed PIP review form? If not, I would advise calling the PIP team to find out what's happened.

A few years ago, I was sent a letter telling me to go to an Atos face-to-face assessment (for ESA) but I had not received the application form. I attended the Atos appointment and the assessor asked why he had not received my application form. When I explained that I had never received the form either, he said something must have gone wrong. He sent me away, without doing the assessment, instructing me to contact ESA who confirmed there had been a mistake. ESA then, belatedly, sent me the application form. I wonder if something similar has happened in your case?

Good luck!

More
2 years 9 months ago #261860 by denby
Hi Deborah, firstly it is recommended you do not use your real name in the forum, you can change it.
Second I believe you are entitled to seven days notice not just 5. If you are happy, fine, if not you can ask they reschedule it without counting it as using up your 'one-chance-to-change' as it is their failure [not yours] to give the right minimum notice. Third, I believe all claimants should now ask for a recorded assessment, which is now allowed. This will likely mean your assessment is put off for several weeks. This is because only a few assessors are agreeing to be recorded. My view is, if they are not willing to be recorded there is a reason why. Such things can only be bad for you so I would take the delay to deal with a person who is not ashamed of their interviewing you being heard. It may well mean you get a more truthful report, and even if not you will have the evidence to contest it.
I would still arrange to make your own recording without saying so, which is quite legit, because there have been instances of the recording mysteriously having 'got accidentally erased' etc.
Best wishes whatever you decide to do,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 8 months ago #261920 by camomile42
Replied by camomile42 on topic Everyone's PIP review deadlines extended?? True??
Hi, my PIP Award Review form was due back with the DWP 21st July, 2021, but due to a deterioration in my mental health due to a new BP med messing with my anti depressant med, I had to ring them on 9th July to ask for an extension.
I too was on hold over an hour, + finally got through to a very helpful man in Manchester. He told me PIP due dates had been extended by 60 days due to Covid 19. He checked my case+assured me mine had been extended too. In my brain fog I forgot to ask his name, but have length of call and time of call on my phone, plus the specifics he mentioned.
I was so relieved, but then a few days before the original due date I received a reminder letter saying my payments would stop if form not back by 21st July.
I sent a letter to DWP on 17th July by 1st Class recorded mail, stating what I had been told by their agent. Unfortunately Royal Mail seem to have lost my letter as no delivery info has been supplied still by today, 25th July. They usually deliver by the next day.
I am tomorrow sending a copy of my letter with proof of my postage by Special delivery as I cannot bear spending another hour on the phone and this is causing me a great deal of anxiety.
I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

More
2 years 8 months ago #261925 by Gary
Hi camomile42

I hope you get everything sorted out soon, it seems that you have been given mixed messages

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.