× Members

Everyone's PIP review deadlines extended?? True??

More
2 years 8 months ago #261933 by Diamond 1
Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261935 by Faith
Hi camomile42,

I'm so sorry to hear of the stressful situation.

Hopefully the reminder letter that you received was just auto-generated by the DWP computer system, as it's standard procedure for them to issue a reminder letter. As actual human beings (call handlers) have told both of us that DWP has automatically extended the deadlines, it seems likely that the auto-generated reminder letter is, under current circumstances, irrelevant. It would be best to call the PIP team again, to put your mind at ease, but I totally understand feeling unable to face it.

My own update:
When my PIP review form arrived it was soggy, having been rained on (thanks Royal Mail). I called the PIP team on the 14th of July to request a fresh (and dry) review form. It was during that phone-call that the PIP call handler ("Sharon of the Manchester team") told me all the deadlines had been automatically extended by 85 days. It took 8 days for the replacement form to arrive and the deadline on it is the 14th of August. I'm hoping that the deadline was just auto-generated by the DWP computer system, as it is accustomed to printing a deadline date that is exactly one month after the form is printed. Either that or the Manchester team is giving out false information about extended deadlines?

I hope others will share their experiences?

Many thanks

More
2 years 8 months ago #261951 by MrFibro
Hi to an ex nurse,

My PIP review form was sent out to me in early april this year, and had to be returned near end of july 2021, so that's a 3 month extension.

I posted it off with recoded delivery 1st class, i tracked all my documents form etc, after 6 days it still had not reached DWP, so i had to phone them up and let them them know it was still in the post.

DWp pip Lady told me it had just arrived and she had opened it, and said i had sent in tons of evidence, and i should not be called up for an f2f, but could be a telephone job.

She said they were having probs with the post being delivered to them, and many people have been ringing in.

Anyroad she never mentioned to me that PIP review were or would be parked up for 85 days!

Hopefully that may well be the case, but surely DWP should write to us and let us all know. Oh she did say to me...bla bla bla you can phone in anytime and check how your review process is proceeding !!!!!!

Was that a ploy for then to say oh Mr Fibro thanks for checking on your pip process, by the way you no longer suffer with severe anxiety, therefore pip stopped lol or reduced.

Thanks for reading

Good luck to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camomile42, an ex nurse, denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #261957 by Gary
Hi mrfibrospondodysthmatic

Thank you for the update, it does help fellow members to pick up the courage to contact the DWP and ask if they have received their claim or what is happening to their claim.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, MrFibro

More
2 years 8 months ago #262133 by Faith
Recap:
A quick recap for those who have not read my earlier posts in this thread.
1. When my PIP review form arrived it was soggy, having been rained on, so on the 14th of July, I called the PIP team and the call handler issued a new form. She also told me that PIP was experiencing a major IT/computer system meltdown so they had automatically extended all PIP review deadlines by 85 days.
2. She told me that my new deadline, for returning my form, was therefore the 7th of Oct (85 days after that phone-call, which generated the replacement form).
3. When the replacement form finally arrived, the deadline printed on it was the 14th of August, one month after the phone-call during which I had requested the fresh form but, obviously, not the 7th of Oct that I'd been told by the PIP call handler.

Update:
4. Yesterday I finally braved calling the PIP team again, for clarification, and spoke with a different person who confirmed the computer meltdown and 85 day automatic extension on review deadlines BUT she insisted that I need to return my form no later than the 1st of Sept to allow the DWP five weeks to process the form.
5. So, I don't know which call handler gave me the correct deadline?
6. Today I have received a reminder letter saying I must return the review form by the 14th of Aug but I'm guessing that letter was just auto-generated by a computer and is irrelevant under the current circumstances?

Any info or input greatly appreciated!

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #262155 by Gary
Hi Faith

Lots of mixed messages, you are not going to like what I am about to say but .... here goes.

I would contact DWP again and explain what has been going on and the mixed messages you have been given and that you want to confirm what message is the correct message.

I would then confirm in writing to the DWP what you have been informed, so if anything goes pear shaped you should be covered, make sure you send the letter by recorded delivery.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.