× Members

Everyone's PIP review deadlines extended?? True??

More
2 years 8 months ago #262173 by Loubylou
Hi Faith,

I second what Gary said.

I was in the exact same position as yourself, over the “three month extension” kept phoning and checking ( kept a screenshot of all calls, dates) everything was fine, however called to check one week before form was due in, got an advisor who said “ no that’s not true, I don’t know why xyz told you that” I explained I had been informed of this three times by three different advisors and she was the only one saying different.

My case was sent to IAS on 17th June even though they didn’t have my form in yet.

I dutifully returned it by the deadline, I called to make sure they had received it and they had and it was being treated as “further evidence” . I subsequently made a complaint and was called back by a manager. Who said they would look at my form.

All I can say is the assessor had my form in front of her as she could tell me word for word what I wrote on each question.

I just personally think, that they are under huge pressure, mistakes can and will be made, that the onus is on us as hard as it is to question them on this as frustrating as it is.

I just hope as they say “ calls are recorded” . Either way they got my info and i’m Kind of glad they sent away to IAS without my form, it brought the assessment day forward and it was clear she had all the necessary info on the day.

It’s in the hands of the gods now as they say and I hope it all goes well for you too.

Kindest regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, camomile42, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #262190 by camomile42
Replied by camomile42 on topic Everyone's PIP review deadlines extended?? True??
Hi Faith,
Many thanks for your reply.
With regards to the date on your replacement PIP form, I do recall the nice gentleman I spoke to you initially about the extension date, saying the forms weren't printing with the extended date...
I didn't call the PIP office again, but sent a copy of my letter lost by Royal Mail with a copy of my postage certificate (receipt), plus a new covering letter by Special Delivery. Its expensive I know, but it seems the only way to ensure delivery at the moment. Tracking confirmed they received it the next day. I've asked DWP to contact me regarding the extension date so hopefully I'll get a call or letter soon.
I'll let you know if and when I hear...in the meantime I'm slowly getting my form done (always get so stressed and feel so much worse..)
Take care :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

More
2 years 8 months ago #262202 by tango
hi same happened to me i recieved my pip review form on 20 july and it said it had to be back by 5 august as the form was dated 5 july. i rang pip call centre and was told there were problems with mail handling and my due back date had been extended by 85 days. any way i got a reminder letter last week saying if not back by 5 august my money would be stopped. i posted the form back on 30 july by next day guaranteed delivery and tracked and signed for and as of today 2 august tracking info just says at midlands delivery office. i paid over 6 quid for this service and i have not got the service i paid for.

More
2 years 8 months ago #262226 by camomile42
Replied by camomile42 on topic Everyone's PIP review deadlines extended?? True??
Hi Tango,
Sorry to hear you got mixed messages too. You'd think somehow DWP could stop these reminder letters being sent when we've been advised the due date is extended.
With regards to your Special Delivery not showing as delivered the next day, you can claim your postage back due to the delay. If you go to Royal Mail website you can find out how long they need you to wait before making your claim... for instance, the first letter I sent to DWP by 1st Class recorded, has been lost, and I can just claim my postage back now, 11 working days after.
Also, there is a service update page on RM website, which tells you of any particular problems ongoing in RM mail and distribution centres across the country.
Really hope you get this sorted out OK.
All the best

More
2 years 8 months ago #262251 by denby
Hi Tango, it is worth taking this up with Royal Mail. You should get at least a partial refund. If you are tired, and don't mind a little publicity, try a local radio or newspaper consumer programme/column. Let Royal Mail AND DWP be embarrassed by a bit of publicity as to why you needed to use the expensive service in the first place, as well as being robbed by Royal Mail.
Just my take,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: camomile42

More
2 years 8 months ago #262264 by camomile42
Well said Denby!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.