× Members

Just received text from DWP PIP

More
2 years 8 months ago #263401 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
Hi LL26,

Thank you for your support and for taking such an interest.

Yes, I will be glad when I get the report at least I will have some idea of what to expect.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #263402 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
Hi Phrank,

I have everything crossed for you :)

More
2 years 8 months ago #263412 by phrank
Hi traceytracey,

Thanks for the support and the good wishes!

The people on this site are brilliant. When you're feeling down, there's always someone to pick you up and carry you over the latest hurdle.

Once again, many thanks.

Kindest regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

More
2 years 8 months ago #263452 by phrank
Hi all,

On Monday this week I requested they send me the PIP assessment report. Up to now I have heard nothing.

I just wondered if anyone knew of any delay issues at the DWP with assessment review forms? When I've requested one in the past they have always arrived promptly.

As usual any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 8 months ago #263457 by phrank
Hi all,

I have recieved the PA3 form today, the post arrived surprisingly late.

Anyway it seems (if I have counted correctly) that I scored 10 points for daily living and 20 for mobilty.

That's fine - I have no problem with that. My ward will stay the same if the DM goes along with it.

What I don't understand is at the end of the form the assessor has recommended an 18 month review based on 'MH diagnosis and an increase in MH medication'.

The first thing is my medicataion has gone up, not down, and secondly it's only an 18 month recommendation.

My last award was for three years?

I was told during one phone call to the DWP (by a case manager) that any future award would be an ongoing one with a light touch review because of my age?

I'm really confused now. Do I challenge this or wait for my decision letter?

I really don't want to go through with this again when I'm 67.

Sorry, I know it's only the assessment report but is it worth writing to the Decision Maker pointing out my medicataion has gone up not down and that a 18 month review period is inappropriate?

Is it possible the assessor hadn't taken my age into consideration when they wrote the report up and as for the 18 month review recommendation I am speechless.

Any advice or imput would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 8 months ago #263461 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
Hi Phrank

I would have thought you would be subject to an ongoing award with a light touch review. You can wait for the decision letter and challenge it then if that's what it says, or you can write to the decision-maker now asap - and just politely remind them of your age.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.