× Members

New Style ESA

More
2 years 6 months ago #264145 by Mrs H
New Style ESA was created by Mrs H
Hi folks..
Just need a bit of guidance regarding my New Style ESA application. I'm currently working on the Capability for Work Questionnaire, which needs to be in for the 19th October 2021 cut-off date.
I've initially received 4 weeks' payments for ESA, as from 20th July 2021. The initial assessment gives me £74.50 a week, with me being placed in the support group presumably. I get the impression that once I've sent in the CfWQ application form, maybe they will pay me the £114 per week allowance?

Filling in the form is wearisome, and without my husband's help, I'm sure I would not be bothered..Anyhow, any advice/encouragement you folks can give will be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #264167 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New Style ESA
Hi Mrs H

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

New Style ESA is a Contribution Based benefit and is not means tested with the exception of pension income which can reduce the amount that you receive.

The Income Related benefit that goes with NS ESA is Universal Credit.

If you are awarded Limited Capability for Work then the NE ESA is only payable for a year, if you receive Limited Capability for Work Related Activity then it is payable for as long as you meet the criteria.

Our UC and ESA claim guide explains the criteria that you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Catherine. Reason: Removed member’s real name
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs H

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #264190 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New Style ESA
Mrs H

You are currently receiving the Assessment Rate for NS ESA, you will continue to receive this until a Decision on your claim if successful then you will either receive the Limited Capability for Work rate which is the same as you are currently receiving, this is only payable for a year from the date that you made your claim, or the Limited Capability for Work Related Activity rate which is around the £114 figure that you mention, this is payable for as long as you are assessed as having LCWRA.

If you do not return the ESA50 form that you have received without Good Cause then your NS ESA claim will be closed so you must return it to continue to receive the £74.50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Catherine. Reason: Removed member’s full name
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Mrs H

More
2 years 6 months ago #264355 by Mrs H
Replied by Mrs H on topic New Style ESA
Thank you Gordon & Gary for your helpful replies.

Your additional advice would be much appreciated.

I have difficulties in writing and filling out forms because of pains in my hands and an occasional tremor. Plus filling the form depresses me no end, and makes me more depressed than I am already.

If I read the form, then tell my husband my reply, would it be acceptable for him to type my reply up on the computer and include it as an additional sheet? My husband said that in each box that needs to be filled in, I could sign my name, and the date.

Likewise on the attached sheet for that particular Question Box, I could sign the sheet, and date it. That way I would be confirming that the info supplied on the extra sheet is my compilation and I agree to it's content.

I don't want to do it on the computer myself, because it too also involves me using my hands, mostly my right hand. It would be much better if my husband just types up my answers to each question box, and then includes the answer on a separate verified by me sheet. What do you think.

Plus, to be honest, my handwriting is terrible, and is not easily understood.

The DWP must get the forms filled in a number of different ways, depending upon the applicant's illness and disability.

Please advise me when you have a spare moment.

Regards

RH

More
2 years 6 months ago #264377 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic New Style ESA
Hi RH

It's perfectly acceptable for additional sheets to be typed. You don't need to sign each sheet.

Just put a paragraph on the end, from your husband say that he has typed the pages because of your difficulties and then both of you sign it. A lot of people do this.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs H

More
2 years 6 months ago #264599 by Mrs H
Replied by Mrs H on topic New Style ESA
Hi there... Again.

Thanks for your previously helpful replies.

Just one more query, please.

My husband has given me considerable assistance in filling out the ESA50 form, to the extent that he has basically filled it in by reading the questions to me, asking me what sort of answers I wish to give, and then progressively working through the form and filling in my answers.

Does he now need to declare the he filled the form in for me (Page 23), because practically he definitely did so, but the actual content of what he wrote was certainly my conclusions?

So, would he need to complete page 23? Would he need to state exactly how he helped me?

Please advise.

Many thanks for your guidance and advice.

Kind regards

LH

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.