× Members

New Style ESA

More
2 years 1 week ago #269442 by Mrs H
Replied by Mrs H on topic ESA Support Group admission possibility
Hello everyone.

I now have a telephone assessment booked in a few day's time.

They have agreed to record the session, including a Russian translator, and allow my husband to contribute if I can't answer the assessor's questions. I don't trust these people as far as I can throw them. Which isn't very far.

I have no way of checking who is calling, where they are calling from, or if they are genuine.
The whole system stinks if you ask me. Anyhow, it is what it is.

I'll check back with you kind folks and let you know what transpires.

Best wishes,

LH
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #269460 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Support Group admission possibility
Hi Mrs H

You are right to be cautious in your approach. Even though they have agreed to record it, if you can record it yourself on a mobile do so - just don't tell them you're doing it. I hope that it goes well for you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs H

More
1 year 11 months ago #270320 by Mrs H
Replied by Mrs H on topic New Style ESA
Hi there.. I need your advice (again).. collectively or individually, please.

I’ve been assessed medically by the people in Manchester, via a recorded telephone conversation lasting 40 mins, and I’ve been placed in the Support Group and my benefit has been increased from £74 odd to £114 odd. Prior to being placed in the Support Group, I was on Contribution-based ESA and this was due to end on the 12th of July 2022.

I’ve successfully received a back payment (arrears) because I was not assessed within 13 weeks of the start of my ESA claim on July 20th, 2021. This £1136 has come in very handy to help pay off my bills.

What I need to know now is what will happen on the 12th of July 2022. Will my £114 odd contribution-based weekly payment cease, or will it continue?

Plus, my sick note is due to be renewed for another 4 months on the 26th of May 2022, so will I need to send this in to make sure my benefits for the Contribution-based ESA continue, or will the DWP stop payments if they don’t get a sick note from me?

Also, I note that although I have been placed in the Support Group, I have not received any information about how the DWP arrived at its conclusions. Normally they tell you what you have been assessed on, what points you have been given, and how this then relates to the amount of payment they will then award you. Nothing has been received about the Medical assessment done by the lady in Manchester. I have no idea what her conclusions were, but obviously, the DWP know, because they have based their assessment upon her conclusions and recommendations.

I don’t want to ‘rock the boat’ but I still need to make sure I am as fully informed about things as I should be. A lady in Leeds, at the Centre for Health & Disability Assessment, has been looking at my ESA application and dealing with my husband’s complaint about how I have been kept waiting for 5 months longer than I should have been regarding the ESA initial 13-week limit in which assessments need to be made. She has probably given the DWP, and the Lady assessor in Manchester, a bit of a prod, to make sure they get it right and follow the correct procedure.

I get the impression that if my husband had not complained on my behalf, to the lady in Leeds, then the DWP would have kept me on £74 odd a week until my entitlement for Contribution-based ESA ran out in July 2022. But my husband’s complaint forced the DWP to sort it out. So, presumably, the DWP is not too happy with me at this time? Anyhow, that is their problem.

In conclusion, may I thank you all for looking at my ‘ramblings’ here, and for possibly advising me appropriately? There will be a good and appropriate way forward for me, and with your help, I will find it.

Many thanks.

Kind regards

LH.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270349 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New Style ESA
Hi Mrs H

Thank you for your post, just to let you know you have posted the same enquiry twice, you will not be able to see you post until it has been approved by a moderator, sometimes they will make a comment on your post other times they will approve it without making a comment and letting the forum community answer a query.

I have removed the duplicate post

In answer to your questions:

1) As you have been recently assessed I would assume that you are in receipt of New Style ESA, this is a contribution based benefit same as the legacy CB ESA. When you apply for NS ESA you have to go through the assessment phase before you have an assessment. If you are successful with your WCA and placed in the support group then it will be backdated to the 14 week of your claim.

Most claimants are not assessed with 13 weeks of their claim, in fact some members on this forum have reported waiting over a year.

2) If you are receiving ESA(CB) and you are placed in the WRAG/LCW group then your payments are limited to 365 days, this restriction does not apply to the Support Group.

CB/NS ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment based on the Prognosis Date completed by the assessor in their report, so your existing CB/NS ESA award continues in payment until a new Decision is made.

3) You need to keep supplying a 'fit note' until your workcoach informs you they are no longer required.

4) You can contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a UC85 if you applied for NS ESA or ESA85 if you applied for CB ESA.

Your husband making a complaint may have helped push your claim forward.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270359 by Mrs H
Replied by Mrs H on topic New Style ESA
Gary,

You are an absolute STAR !!!

If it was not for people like yourself involved on this website, I don't know what we would do.

Best wishes and kind regards

LH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, SUE C C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.