× Members

Re Support Group Descriptor ?

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106261 by ESA Headache
Replied by ESA Headache on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?
So I wait until I hear from the Tribunal before I do anything or should I contact DWP stating ref to SG descriptor?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #106269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: So I wait until I hear from the Tribunal before I do anything or should I contact DWP stating ref to SG descriptor?

From your previous posts, your claim has already been referred to the Tribunal Service, so it should not be more than a week or two before they contact you about it, so I would wait until there, so that anything you write is sent to the DWP by the TS as this will make it more likely that a DWP DM will look for it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago #106270 by ESA Headache
Ok Gordon, that is what I will do. Thank you so much for your help and advice

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106756 by ESA Headache
I have now received paperwork from Appeal office, can anyone suggest what to write re above please. Plus letter states if I have got anymore supporting evidence which I have not as DWP has got it all even letter from GP stating that he supports my appeal etc

More
10 years 9 months ago #106759 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: I have now received paperwork from Appeal office, can anyone suggest what to write re above please. Plus letter states if I have got anymore supporting evidence which I have not as DWP has got it all even letter from GP stating that he supports my appeal etc

I cannot tell you what to include in detail, but I will do my best to give you some ideas on what to might say.

You need to explain to the Tribunal why you believe you meet the criteria for the Support Group, so for each descriptor you should show how you meet the specifics of the descriptor and what medical evidence supports your case.

Go back to the ESSA Claim guides and use them to help you explain your condition(s).

You should include a specific paragraph, near the front, referring to the Decision Makers comments that you meet the SG criteria for Manual Dexterity, make sure that the document that includes this is in the papers that the Tribunal Service have.

I would still recommend that you write the letter we discussed in earlier posts. It should be sent to the Tribunal Service who will copy it the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106766 by ESA Headache
Gordon

Thanks once again for your help, so my main aim would be to 'include' the 'comment' from DM that I am 'unable to turn pages of a book' and that it means the SG criteria? and write to the Tribunal Service plus include why I feel I meet the SG criteria and maybe enclose a letter that I sent off to DM from my GP supporting my appeal?

Would I need to write another letter as you mentioned in your last post? Would that not be the same as above?

I am really sorry asking all these questions but I am in a total loss without your help at B&W

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.