× Members

Re Support Group Descriptor ?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108695 by ESA Headache
Replied by ESA Headache on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?
bro58

Thank you, I am so hoping that you are right and that I have more time before filling in another ESA50. I will do as you suggest phone or write to DWP. I received my ESA85 after my atos medical assessment and on that it stated 6 months prognosis and so I just thought that this new paperwork meant the same. Would there be another ESA85 following a change in the original decision of placing me in wrag, into support group? The new decision was made by an Appeal Officer
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108698 by
Replied by on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: bro58

Thank you, I am so hoping that you are right and that I have more time before filling in another ESA50. I will do as you suggest phone or write to DWP. I received my ESA85 after my atos medical assessment and on that it stated 6 months prognosis and so I just thought that this new paperwork meant the same. Would there be another ESA85 following a change in the original decision of placing me in wrag, into support group? The new decision was made by an Appeal Officer

Hi ESA H,

If it stated a prognosis of 6 months on the ESA85, then it may indeed be 6 months, I wasn't aware of that, only of the dates you mentioned on the ESA Decision Notice.

The DM does not always abide by the prognosis recommendation on an ESA85/85A, so it may still be worth while requesting verification of the prognosis, etc.

There will not be a new ESA85, but there should be an LT54, as mentioned in the post from this afternoon that I referred you to.

You can simply ask the questions in writing regarding the prognosis, and which descriptors were applied.

6 months does still seem a short prognosis, even for The WRAG.

bro58

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108705 by ESA Headache
Thank you I will contact the DWP for prognosis. I just can't believe that after all of the worry etc that the DWP have finally seen sense and placed me in the correct group

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108706 by
Replied by on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: Thank you I will contact the DWP for prognosis. I just can't believe that after all of the worry etc that the DWP have finally seen sense and placed me in the correct group

Hi ESA H,

I am glad that they have seen sense, hopefully the prognosis will be longer than 6 months.

If the prognosis does only take you up to November, then you can expect a new ESA50 around 8 weeks before.

I am sorry if I have falsely raised your hopes, but many of our members get confused by the November date on the decision notice, thinking that it is when the award comes to an end, when it isn't.

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago #110255 by ESA Headache
I have finally plucked up the courage to phone DWP and ask how long before I need to be re-assessed for ESA and I was told 2 years so thank you once again for all of your help. Without your help I would have been lost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.