× Members

Re Support Group Descriptor ?

More
10 years 10 months ago #106782 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: Gordon

Thanks once again for your help, so my main aim would be to 'include' the 'comment' from DM that I am 'unable to turn pages of a book' and that it means the SG criteria? and write to the Tribunal Service plus include why I feel I meet the SG criteria and maybe enclose a letter that I sent off to DM from my GP supporting my appeal?

Would I need to write another letter as you mentioned in your last post? Would that not be the same as above?

I am really sorry asking all these questions but I am in a total loss without your help at B&W

I would write a short letter now, in reference to the letter you have from the DWP stating that you meet the SG criteria, the DWP are supposed to read all correspondence in connection with an appeal when they receive it and there is a chance that it might trigger a revision.

Then take your time to write a more detailed submission, including details of the above, which you will use to present your case to the Tribunal should it go that far, as long as it is with the TS at least two weeks in advance of the actual hearing it should not be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106783 by ESA Headache
Replied by ESA Headache on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?
That sounds a good idea Gordon, thanks

Should I send the 'short' letter to Tribunal Service who will then send copy to DWP?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106786 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: That sounds a good idea Gordon, thanks

Should I send the 'short' letter to Tribunal Service who will then send copy to DWP?

Yes, even though it is the DWP that you want to read it, if you send it direct, they will likely ignore it as all matters concerned with your appeal should go through the Tribunal Service.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago #106788 by ESA Headache
Thank you Gordon, will do

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108342 by ESA Headache
UPDATE

Did as Gordon suggested and now have received a letter from DWP to say that 'the Appeals Officer has revised the decision on my case and that the new decision is more favourable, this means that my appeal has now lapsed' so guess that means I am now in the Support Group although the letter does not state that but as my appeal was against being in wrag when I met the descriptors of the support group I assume that's what it means.

Unless anyone else has any other ideas on the matter??
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

10 years 9 months ago #108347 by
Replied by on topic Re Support Group Descriptor ?

ESA Headache wrote: UPDATE

Did as Gordon suggested and now have received a letter from DWP to say that 'the Appeals Officer has revised the decision on my case and that the new decision is more favourable, this means that my appeal has now lapsed' so guess that means I am now in the Support Group although the letter does not state that but as my appeal was against being in wrag when I met the descriptors of the support group I assume that's what it means.

Unless anyone else has any other ideas on the matter??

Hi ESAH,

Yes, that does sound positive.

You are entitled to a written decision notice letter informing you that you have been placed into The SG, with a breakdown of what monies you will be paid.

If you do not receive this over the next week or so, I would write to The DWP asking for a written decision notice, which you are legally entitled to.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Keep the letter that you speak of in a safe place, and congratulations on what seems to be an SG award at reconsideration. :)

Please return to confirm this, once you have a decision notice.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.