× Members

New ESA 50 01/13

More
10 years 9 months ago #107891 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Many thanks.

Fingers crossed, well everything imaginable and not imaginable is crossed !!!! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108070 by sally-jane
Well to keep you updated with my latest merry go round.

We sent off the ESA50 1/13 form in a large envelope with the attached white envelope securely taped to it on the 22nd with a first class stamp as mentioned b4. Have checked online with royal mail and it has been sent (knew that !!! but it is currently enroute !!!)

This morning 24th I received a generated letter from Medical Services at the Bristol office - where we sent the ESA form, reminding me to 'We need your questionnaire urgently' with the usual threats on stopping your money etc etc. (dated 23rd July.
It did tell me it is due by 1st August.

In other words it makes one feel as though once you receive the form ESA in the first place, send it within a week otherwise they start the hassleing effect. So where does the month to complete and send have any merit!!

I know it is a reminder BUT !!!!
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago #108073 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New ESA 50 01/13

pusscatsmum wrote: Well to keep you updated with my latest merry go round.

We sent off the ESA50 1/13 form in a large envelope with the attached white envelope securely taped to it on the 22nd with a first class stamp as mentioned b4. Have checked online with royal mail and it has been sent (knew that !!! but it is currently enroute !!!)

This morning 24th I received a generated letter from Medical Services at the Bristol office - where we sent the ESA form, reminding me to 'We need your questionnaire urgently' with the usual threats on stopping your money etc etc. (dated 23rd July.
It did tell me it is due by 1st August.

In other words it makes one feel as though once you receive the form ESA in the first place, send it within a week otherwise they start the hassleing effect. So where does the month to complete and send have any merit!!

I know it is a reminder BUT !!!!

Hi pcm,

These reminder letters are sent out automatically, and it is actually a legal requirement that ATOS send them.

As far as the deadline is concerned, you still only have to abide by the original deadline date that was given with the ESA50.

bro58

More
10 years 9 months ago #108076 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Hi

Ditto, had exactly the same letter this morning, I was expecting it actually. I have until 1 August to make sure it is completed and sent in. A shame Atos themselves are not quite so quick and efficient at making decisions. I had a 5 month wait last time. Good luck anyway. I month is a joke seeing as I did not receive the form until 4 July.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108226 by sally-jane
I posted my ESA50 Form off on the 22/07/13, First class recorded delivery and it registers by the royal mail it has still not arrived at the ATOS Centre
You can see below where it is on the tracking system from the Royal Mail.
It has to be at the ATOS Centre in Bristol by 01/08/13 and I thought by sending it on the 22nd July it would be sent in plenty of time, but obviously not.
Royal mail tracking system
We have your item
Item xxxxxxxxxxx was posted at 18 Hogshill Stre DT8 3AA on 22/07/13 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

My husband sent his form for WTC thru the same system on the 24th July and checked it today on the royal mail tracker site and it has been delivered and received.

So he contacted ATOS to see what to do re my ESA 50 and was given yet another tel no to call, which he did so, and a lady checked up on the 'system' they have, using my Nat Ins No, Name and DOB and lo and behold she says they received it on the 24th July.

Should I believe her or what ??
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #108229 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA 50 01/13

pusscatsmum wrote: I posted my ESA50 Form off on the 22/07/13, First class recorded delivery and it registers by the royal mail it has still not arrived at the ATOS Centre
You can see below where it is on the tracking system from the Royal Mail.
It has to be at the ATOS Centre in Bristol by 01/08/13 and I thought by sending it on the 22nd July it would be sent in plenty of time, but obviously not.
Royal mail tracking system
We have your item
Item xxxxxxxxxxx was posted at 18 Hogshill Stre DT8 3AA on 22/07/13 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

My husband sent his form for WTC thru the same system on the 24th July and checked it today on the royal mail tracker site and it has been delivered and received.

So he contacted ATOS to see what to do re my ESA 50 and was given yet another tel no to call, which he did so, and a lady checked up on the 'system' they have, using my Nat Ins No, Name and DOB and lo and behold she says they received it on the 24th July.

Should I believe her or what ??

Several members have reported delays in the Royal Mail updating their tracking system, if ATOS say they have it I would not worry about it, you have proof of posting and I am sure that the RM system will say it is delivered eventually.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.