× Members

New ESA 50 01/13

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112695 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Good evening,

I need to ask for a SOR to file with the rest of my ESA stuff for future reference after being placed in the SG for the next 3 yrs taking me up to Oct 2016.

Would this be ok to send or does it need further tweaking.

Thought this might help others too that need to do the same thing.

To whom it may concern,

Re National Insurance REF xxx

I received a letter dated 22/10/13 re my claim for ESA placing me in the Support Group.

A further phone call was made by my carer to confirm length of award and confirmation of Support Group ESA on the 28/10/13.

My carer was informed that relevant paperwork would eventually make its way to us, however if we required further information, a letter would be required.

Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I wish to be provided with copies of all the evidence used by the Decision Maker – DM/ Health Care Professional - HCP in reaching the decision dated 16/10/2013 in relation to my application for employment and support allowance. This evidence should include:

The completed ESA85A form and LT54 form.

Any queries, requests for clarification, correspondence, memos, emails or other communications between Atos health professionals and the decision maker in relation to my claim or any notes or records of conversations between Atos and the DWP and any medical evidence from health professionals such as my GP or consultant that they asked for.

Any other evidence considered by the D M / HCP in reaching their decision.

In addition, I wish to be provided with a copy of any worksheet, score sheet or any similar document which sets out which descriptors, exemptions or exceptional circumstances the decision maker considered applied and did not apply to me and any other documents which set out the justification for the decision reached in my case.

As the decision made was the correct one and placed me in the Support Group for 3 years – the current maximum length of award ending 16/10/2016, whereby under current regulations, a further ESA50 will be forthcoming approx, 12 weeks prior to that date, I am happy with the decision made.

I look forward to receiving the said statements of reasons in due course.

Yours faithfully,
Amendments gratefully received
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112699 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA 50 01/13
pusscatsmum

I would put Subject Access request at the top of the page, but apart from that I do not see any problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112782 by sally-jane
Hiya,

I have now typed up the letter requesting statement of reasons but am unsure where to send it as I have had correspondence relating to my ESA from 3 different Jobcentreplus depts. ranging from Plymouth, Bristol and Leeds.

Should I record delivery it.
Should it be sent elsewhere.

Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112788 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA 50 01/13

pusscatsmum wrote: Hiya,

I have now typed up the letter requesting statement of reasons but am unsure where to send it as I have had correspondence relating to my ESA from 3 different Jobcentreplus depts. ranging from Plymouth, Bristol and Leeds.

Should I record delivery it.
Should it be sent elsewhere.

Many thanks

As you are requesting information from the DWP rather than the other way around, you do not necessarily have to send it Recorded Delivery, although I would still do so if money permits, failing that ask for a Certificate of Posting at the Post Office.

I would address it to the office that normally deals with your claim, but It should still get actioned whichever one you send it to, it just might take longer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #113831 by sally-jane
Update.

As you are aware I sent off the other week for my SAR.
I still do not have it, but I know I shall receive it b4 14th December.
How do I know this.
This morning I received a letter from DWP headed 'Request for personal Information'.
Thanking me for the letter they received on 4th November... then stating about the info I requested and then explaining that all the info will be collated as it comes from various depts. and different locations and that I will get it b4 Dec 14th and if there were any problems to contact the person and name on the top of the letter.
A very full and excellent letter, I am much impressed for once with DWP.
This proves it is correct to ask for our rights.
I shall let you know when I finally receive it all.

Many thanks

More
10 years 5 months ago #113865 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Thanks pcm, it would be nice to think that DWP are starting to respond to claimants with respect and efficiency!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.