× Members

New ESA 50 01/13

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #112008 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Thanks for the update PCM,

The current delays with assessments/decisions may well be connected to this : News Story

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112472 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Update.

Still no idea what is going on and still awaiting a decision from the duly filled out ESA50 back in July.

At the moment a disc has popped out again in my lower back after getting out a carton of milk from the fridge, so once again I am bedbound resting the said disc with multiple muscle spasm in lower/mid and upper back and neck, all in sympathy with the surrounding area of the popped disc. Hence my medication has been upped to alleviate the pain and muscle spasms.
No doubt all this worry and angst does not help matters.
Rather than worrying our overworked and underpaid NHS GP Surgery run by the perfect Virgincare !!!!!, I emailed them to keep them informed of my current state of health on Tuesday of this week. They are soo caring I have heard ... not a thing from them.

My MP is still in negotiations with ATOS/DWP in connection in time scales and trying to sort out the length of time it is taking ATOS to sort out re assessments etc for one and all.

It is a good job my sense of humour prevails, must be due to the fact I know have a pretty little kitten to keep me sane.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: helenw

More
10 years 6 months ago #112475 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA 50 01/13
PCM

We are seeing increasing delays in the system, I suspect we have not seen the worst of it yet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112543 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic New ESA 50 01/13
Update

26.10.13 Received a letter from Jobcentreplus headed 'your claim for employment and support allowance' then going on about change in the ESA rate payable etc. 3 pages culminating in what I shall receive etc etc and dates from April 2013 til Nov 2013. All making so much sense.

Now as I had seen on this site that this sort of wonderfully fully explained letter, what it actually meant I was now placed in the Support Group without a f2f from a paper scrutiny only.

Fantastic news, we hoped, however we phoned Jobcentreplus on the 26th and was told to phone another dept on 28th to confirm descision.

We did so and FANTASTC NEWS, yes, placed in Support Group for 3 Yrs and we would receive confirmation in writing within a few days.

Hopefully this will be correct as we all know how well versed and trained call centre staff are.

So if this is the case a HUGE THANKYOU to all on this site, who help us to complete these easy well produced ESA50 forms from ATOS/DWP.

Without all your help, most of us would be scrabbling around in the dark getting nowhere.

My MP was and is very helpful and pro active and is trying his hardest to sort out many of the problems that ATOS/DWP have caused.

So with this site and my MP I say many thanks.

Please all who are still awaiting the outcome of their re assessments and those in the first stages I urge you to fill out the forms as well as you possibly can and have a full paper trail both medically and with ATOS/DWP and keep duplicate files on the lot.

I now know I am fine re ESA until Oct 2016 - new form Aug 2016, but await the PIP changes from an indefinite award DLA after Oct 2015 when Indefinite/life awards are re scheduled to be re assessed .
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: helenw

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #112545 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New ESA 50 01/13

pusscatsmum wrote: Update

26.10.13 Received a letter from Jobcentreplus headed 'your claim for employment and support allowance' then going on about change in the ESA rate payable etc. 3 pages culminating in what I shall receive etc etc and dates from April 2013 til Nov 2013. All making so much sense.

Now as I had seen on this site that this sort of wonderfully fully explained letter, what it actually meant I was now placed in the Support Group without a f2f from a paper scrutiny only.

Fantastic news, we hoped, however we phoned Jobcentreplus on the 26th and was told to phone another dept on 28th to confirm descision.

We did so and FANTASTC NEWS, yes, placed in Support Group for 3 Yrs and we would receive confirmation in writing within a few days.

Hopefully this will be correct as we all know how well versed and trained call centre staff are.

So if this is the case a HUGE THANKYOU to all on this site, who help us to complete these easy well produced ESA50 forms from ATOS/DWP.

Without all your help, most of us would be scrabbling around in the dark getting nowhere.

My MP was and is very helpful and pro active and is trying his hardest to sort out many of the problems that ATOS/DWP have caused.

So with this site and my MP I say many thanks.

Please all who are still awaiting the outcome of their re assessments and those in the first stages I urge you to fill out the forms as well as you possibly can and have a full paper trail both medically and with ATOS/DWP and keep duplicate files on the lot.

I now know I am fine re ESA until Oct 2016 - new form Aug 2016, but await the PIP changes from an indefinite award DLA after Oct 2015 when Indefinite/life awards are re scheduled to be re assessed .

Hi pcm,

That is great news !!!! :cheer:

Yes, as you may know the November date on the decision notice letter is purely for administration purposes, and nothing at all to do with the prognosis.

If you wish, you could now request the ESA85A, to confirm the prognosis, it may also be helpful in that it provides information of how and why you were placed into The SG.

There should also be an LT54 :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

3 years is the maximum prognosis, so well done.

It is good to see that your M.P. was supportive.

Thank you for your kind words regarding B&W, they are appreciated by all. :)

I gather that the following extract :

" to complete these easy well produced ESA50 forms from ATOS/DWP." is a little bit of sarcastic humour, on your part !! :laugh:

bro58

More
10 years 6 months ago #112546 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New ESA 50 01/13
That's great news PCM! Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.