× Members

£30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho

More
8 years 10 months ago #136774 by madnurse
£30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho was created by madnurse
Today, I have received a Ten Pounds payment into my bank account with my NI Number and EESA as the reference. I was not expecting this payment, nor have I received notice that I shall receive it.
Has anyone else received such a payment or know what it is for. I am very reluctant to contact the DWP to inquire because I have never had a positive experience when I've spoken to them. I have been in the support group for almost Three years now and was on IB before that.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho

madnurse wrote: Today, I have received a Ten Pounds payment into my bank account with my NI Number and EESA as the reference. I was not expecting this payment, nor have I received notice that I shall receive it.
Has anyone else received such a payment or know what it is for. I am very reluctant to contact the DWP to inquire because I have never had a positive experience when I've spoken to them. I have been in the support group for almost Three years now and was on IB before that.

Any ideas?

I'm afraid that the only way you will know what the payment is for would be for you to contact the DWP. The only suggestion I have is that it is late payment of the Christmas bonus which is £10.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: madnurse

More
8 years 10 months ago #136806 by smartie
Replied by smartie on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
Today I have also received the £10 marked EESA andmy NI number. I was in the support group and was getting ESA almost 3 years ago but after being pensioned off sick by my employer my ill health retirement pension put me over the ESA threshold. I have just spent over an hour talking with DWP and I know my speech is difficult due to the stroke but am no further forward infact they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. No doubt they will claim it back quickly.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136807 by Francis
Replied by Francis on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
I have also received an unexpected £10 in addition to my usual ESA payment today. I can only assume it is a very late payment of last December's Christmas bonus which I never received.

Francis

More
8 years 10 months ago #136809 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
I've had exactly the same thing happen, and didn't get the Christmas bonus, so you may well be right, Gordon.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136812 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
I also received a 10 payment today, phone the dwp and was told they had checked everyone to see that they had missed any xmas payments, and that's what this is, was told a letter would follow

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.