× Members

£30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho

More
8 years 10 months ago #136814 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
I got an extra £10 today too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elvisismycopilot
8 years 10 months ago #136816 by Elvisismycopilot
Replied by Elvisismycopilot on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
I've had a £10 payment as well. Checked my statements and I definitely didn't get my Christmas bonus last year and due to anxiety I never got round to chasing it up. I'm assuming it's that. I'm in the same position as you re no wanting to get in touch with the DWP.

CJ

More
8 years 10 months ago #136831 by redgt9
Replied by redgt9 on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
Just checked my Bank, I also got this payment....

More
8 years 10 months ago #136834 by madnurse
Replied by madnurse on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
Many thanks one and all.
I looked back and I can see that I did not get my Christmas bonus December 2014.

I would not contact the DWP unless I really had to; I have a theory that even if you only wanted to ask them the time, they would automatically stop your benefits as a matter of course. They would of course restore them when you call back to inquire as to the reason but, it is still very inconvenient.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kilkenny1

More
8 years 10 months ago #136917 by kilkenny1
Replied by kilkenny1 on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho
I'm not sure if I have put this in the right place, but fingers crosses. After checking my teephone bank account, there is an extra 30 pounds ESA money in my account, put in 2 days after my normal money. (Support group for a couple of years now, and contributory). Phoned bank and definately ESA, same NI no. and call centre man said it was ESA. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I don't want to phone job centre etc. Thank you

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic £30 Christmas bonus ho ho ho

kilkenny1 wrote: I'm not sure if I have put this in the right place, but fingers crosses. After checking my teephone bank account, there is an extra 30 pounds ESA money in my account, put in 2 days after my normal money. (Support group for a couple of years now, and contributory). Phoned bank and definately ESA, same NI no. and call centre man said it was ESA. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I don't want to phone job centre etc. Thank you

From posts on this forum and others we believe that the DWP have been checking the payment of the Christmas Bonus over the last five years, a lot of claimants receiving ESA(CB) with an ESA(IR) top-up have not received the payment when they should.

Whilst it could be for another reason, which you would have to check with the DWP, but any multiple of £10 is likely to be the result of the above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madnurse, kilkenny1

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.