× Members

TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137623 by andyf25
Replied by andyf25 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
Regarding the new benefits cap of £20,000pa for most of the country...
Does anyone know if this includes ALL money coming in, including Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and PIP?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137625 by
Replied by on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

andyf25 wrote: Regarding the new benefits cap of £20,000pa for most of the country...
Does anyone know if this includes ALL money coming in, including Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and PIP?

Hi a25,

Not really something we advise on !

However, "Disabled Households" are currently exempt from The Overall Benefit Cap.

Nothing has yet been stated contrary to this.

For "non-disabled", "non-exempt" households The Benefit Cap does include all benefits including HB, indeed any reduction due to The Cap will be realised in HB entitlement first and foremost.

This could have "massive" implications for the future of Social Housing.

Have a read through : This Article

We can't really comment any further, it may take some days for the full details to come to light.

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137630 by cats6
Replied by cats6 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

Gordon wrote: Changes to Benefits that have been announced

TAX
- The Personal Tax Allowance will be increasing over next two years. Relevant to anybody receiving Contribution Based benefits such as ESA(CB).

How does this translate in laymans terms?

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137631 by weasley
Replied by weasley on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
Hi all,

I have been claiming working tax credit with my wife. We have now split up, I am on a very low income, what do I have to do? Can I claim as a single person, I have custody of my children, I know I have to notify the DWP, but I am frightened I will not now qualify for working tax credits, I currently work 20 hours per week.
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137634 by
Replied by on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
Hi cats6,

CB ESA is classed as "Taxable Income", however, a CB ESA recipient would only be liable to pay Income Tax if their CB ESA payments when added to any other "Taxable Income" such as a Works Pension exceeded their "Tax Free" Personal Allowance which is currently £10,600/Annum (Approx £203/Week)

Therefore, as one's Tax Free Personal Allowance increases you can receive more Taxable Income before you are liable to payment of Income Tax.

Income Tax rates and Personal Allowances.

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago #137635 by andyf25
Replied by andyf25 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
Thanks bro - I'm in the Support Group, and renting from a private landlord (in a flat at the lowest rent for my town) so fingers crossed.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.