× Members

TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137636 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES

Catfishman wrote: Hi all,

I have been claiming working tax credit with my wife. We have now split up, I am on a very low income, what do I have to do? Can I claim as a single person, I have custody of my children, I know I have to notify the DWP, but I am frightened I will not now qualify for working tax credits, I currently work 20 hours per week.

Hi cfm,

Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits have taken a "hit" !!

I am afraid that these issues are not covered by the Forum.

You can review Osborne's Budget Speech from below :

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b061y1sw/d...politics-budget-2015

The relevant part start at around 1 hour 50 mins into the broadcast.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #137637 by Edward
Replied by Edward on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
do you think that the statement “SUPPORT FOR MORTGAGE INTEREST PAYMENTS
Support for mortgage interest payments changes from a benefit to a loan” applies to everyone, not just the unemployed. I am on hi rate disability?
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137639 by bro58

John42 wrote: do you think that the statement “SUPPORT FOR MORTGAGE INTEREST PAYMENTS
Support for mortgage interest payments changes from a benefit to a loan” applies to everyone, not just the unemployed. I am on hi rate disability?

Hi J42,

This is pertinent to claimants who receive SMI as a result of receiving another "qualifying benefit"

Please see my comments regarding SMI in This Post.

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137641 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
:woohoo: Hi all

With all the hype and rhetoric, may I say that I was certainly expecting a lot worse! I certainly hope that more, rather than less of those reading this are able to take a small sigh of relief!

However, and I’ll apologise in advance if I’m asking an inappropriate question, I was trying to fathom out re: WTC. If during period of between 2016 - 2020, because of my age increase I would have qualified to do 16hrs rather than 30hrs……………….will that facility still be available does anyone know., after this budget? (Because they’ve extended my age groups State Pension Age to 66yrs instead of 60yrs, if I fail to retain my ESA CB SG until reaching 66yrs, the recent knowledge of the existence of WTC 16hrs, gave me a glimmer of hope! - if you get my drift)!

May thanks for your time and patience.

P.
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago #137643 by bro58

petrocelli wrote: :woohoo: Hi all

With all the hype and rhetoric, may I say that I was certainly expecting a lot worse! I certainly hope that more, rather than less of those reading this are able to take a small sigh of relief!

However, and I’ll apologise in advance if I’m asking an inappropriate question, I was trying to fathom out re: WTC. If during period of between 2016 - 2020, because of my age increase I would have qualified to do 16hrs rather than 30hrs……………….will that facility still be available does anyone know., after this budget? (Because they’ve extended my age groups State Pension Age to 66yrs instead of 60yrs, if I fail to retain my ESA CB SG until reaching 66yrs, the recent knowledge of the existence of WTC 16hrs, gave me a glimmer of hope! - if you get my drift)!

May thanks for your time and patience.

P.

Hi p,

Sorry, WTC, and CTC are not issues that we advise on.

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago #137644 by Edward
Replied by Edward on topic TODAY's BUDGET CHANGES
does the budget have to be debated and "passed" before any of it becomes law?
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris