× Members

please help

More
8 years 2 months ago #153009 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic please help
Hi
I suffer from both dyslexia and dyscalculia, my GP mentioned both in his reports fr PIP and ESA, and I included an article from The Independent, dated Monday, 9th June, 2008, by Science Editir, Steve Connor, which stated that dsycalculia was as common, if not more so than dyslexia
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaLou22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153316 by LindaLou22
Replied by LindaLou22 on topic please help
So.. I sent away my mandatory reconsideration request with some pages from my medical records as evidence and some info on dyscalcula from the British dyslexia assosiation website, how long will the MR take, do you think there's a chance they'll change the decition or do you think I'll most likely have to do a tribrunal. What even is a tribrunal? Is it like going to court?

Also should I be doing anything to preper in the mean time? Thankyou for all your help so far this site is good. Just can't believe they only gave me 2 points ☹

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153326 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic please help

LindaLou22 wrote: So.. I sent away my mandatory reconsideration request with some pages from my medical records as evidence and some info on dyscalcula from the British dyslexia assosiation website, how long will the MR take, do you think there's a chance they'll change the decition or do you think I'll most likely have to do a tribrunal. What even is a tribrunal? Is it like going to court?

Also should I be doing anything to preper in the mean time? Thankyou for all your help so far this site is good. Just can't believe they only gave me 2 points ☹

Hi LL22,

The MR process takes around 4 weeks on average and unless you have any other evidence to submit, you just have to wait to receive the MR Decision Notice through the post.

The success rates with PIP MR's is not that great at the moment, but we have seen an improvement recently.

If the MR is unsuccessful, you will the have one moth to appeal directly to The Tribunal Service (TS) who are totally independent of The DWP and will look at the adverse decision through a totally "fresh pair of eyes" !!

Success rates with PIP Appeals to The TS are currently running at around 60%, which is very good.

It is not worth going into detail regarding The Appeal Process at this time, but you could read through our : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance and you could also read through : This Topic.

Please keep us updated !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155369 by LindaLou22
so ive had my manditory reconsideration and the outcome was the same
im very angry that they have not given me an award and not even considered the information and proof i have provided.

i am unsure how to proceed, i want to apply for a tribunal. how do i do this?
i have some more information that i think would help a tribunal ware would i send that?

also would i be able to make a new claim? i might just make a new claim instead of going to tribunal as if i were to do it again i would be more prepared with all the information and proof i have put together, are you allowed to do a new claim if you already have one that was dissolawed?

i think maybe the best option would be to just start an entirley new claim as my condition has detiriorated alot since the first time i made the claim back in november.

please share your thaughts and advice on this as i feel way over my head have no idea what to do, thankyou

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155385 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic please help

LindaLou22 wrote: so ive had my manditory reconsideration and the outcome was the same
im very angry that they have not given me an award and not even considered the information and proof i have provided.

i am unsure how to proceed, i want to apply for a tribunal. how do i do this?
i have some more information that i think would help a tribunal ware would i send that?

also would i be able to make a new claim? i might just make a new claim instead of going to tribunal as if i were to do it again i would be more prepared with all the information and proof i have put together, are you allowed to do a new claim if you already have one that was dissolawed?

i think maybe the best option would be to just start an entirley new claim as my condition has detiriorated alot since the first time i made the claim back in november.

please share your thaughts and advice on this as i feel way over my head have no idea what to do, thankyou

Hi LL22,

Please keep all your PIP related queries to the one topic.

I will merge your previous PIP related topics with this one for continuity !

I am afraid that current success rates for PIP MR's are pretty poor !! :(

I provided advice on The PIP MR/Appeals process : In This Post that I provided in your other topic.

It is up to you on whether to start a fresh claim !!

It is true that a PIP Appeals Tribunal will not take into account any change or deterioration in your condition since the date of the original adverse PIP decision, whereas a fresh PIP claim will as long as you have suffered from the new/deteriorating conditions for the previous 3 months and are likely to suffer from them for at least the next 9 months.

However, with a fresh claim, the decision will only be backdated to the start of the fresh claim date, whereas any decision made as the result of a Tribunal Appeal will be backdated to the time of the original adverse PIP decision.

Success rates at PIP Appeals are quite good, currently running at 60% !!

You could appeal and make a fresh claim as well, but any decision made by the Tribunal would only run until the date of the decision made as a result of your fresh claim.

Obviously, this could work for or against you !!

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #157203 by LindaLou22
I'm awaiting a tribunal but I've made a new claim because my condition has detiriorated a lot since the first claim, will the outcome of the tribunal affect my current claim? I'm beginning to totally lose hope now

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris