× Members

Anyone for Coffey?

More
2 years 6 months ago #264360 by phrank
Anyone for Coffey? was created by phrank
Hi all,

I'm not sure if I've copied the link propery but this is something I have just read from the Mirror. Therese Coffey seems to be resurrecting Ian Duncan's Smith's policies of pushing disabled peilke into work.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-dwp-...rges-people-25128516
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie27, Mollie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264386 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Anyone for Coffey?
phrank, your like the reply I have stated about Coffeys delusional thinking, I have written a reply on another post regarding this. When it gets posted I will attach it here too.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264387 by Susie27
Replied by Susie27 on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Thank you for this, Phrank.

We all know that it is those of us with long-term illness and lifelong conditions that bear the particular brunt of cruelty when it comes to expected cuts.

I am in no doubt, after watching Sunak praise the likes of Cameron and Osbourne earlier today, that we are being prepared for cuts: austerity under the guise of pandemic recovery.

But it IS still austerity. And it is definitely going to affect us the most - because we are "economically inactive" apparently!?

I am in no doubt that a narrative is being framed around how work brings confidence, etc. - when really it is about choking off support for people who really need it.

I often wonder how the rest of the population in this country would react to the kind of inhumane, degrading and astonishingly incompetent treatment an ESA or PIP claimant endures, right from making that 1st call to the DWP - for "support".

I would give my eye-teeth to feel well enough to work again, to go about my business unaided, to start a day without heavy-duty medication, to just be independent.

But I can't. And now, I feel that we are entering another period where once again we have to defend our rights to exist, even more forcefully than before!

I am just so incredibly grateful to other forum members, backroom staff and all of the wonderful moderators on this site. You all remind me that I am not alone.

We keep on truckin' eh?

Best,

Susie
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwistedWitch, an ex nurse, stefaniel2001, denby, Debbiedryland, Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264392 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Hi Phrank,

I can only imagine smith phoned her up, and told her what to do, and the best way going about it.

Smith has tried to rebrand himself as being on claimants side since he jacked his job in at the dwp. But he's fooling noone, as he's a leopard that can never change his blue tory colours.

regards to all.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264397 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Anyone for Coffey?
As promised phrank what I think is going on this is Therese Coffey at her finest she just doesn't get the fact that most disabled people can only cope on a day to day basis, meaning a disabled person can maybe only sustain a job by having many more days off than in work?

I agree we can all do something BUT it's a case of how long for? Most employers Won't take on a disabled person knowing the full facts of the disabled person, this will be a case of the claimant being off work rather than in work? Agreed some disabled can hold a full, or part time job but very few.

These Tory's are really living in a dream world if they really think many disabled can even sustain a job let alone get one in the first place?

Also another point from that article that she is looking into is weather to join PIP ESA, UC as one assessment?

This cannot be done. Reasons are PIP is for claimants in and out of work?

This seems a bit contradictory? In part their saying using XYZ.

This is a response from the Government.

1. The Department for Work and Pensions uses functional assessments to help determine entitlement for a number of benefits, including Personal Independence Payments (PIP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and, for those claiming because they have a disability or health condition that impacts on their capability for work, Universal Credit (UC

2. We use a separate assessment to determine entitlement for PIP. Unlike in UC and ESA, PIP aims to help people with the extra costs of a disability or long-term health condition. PIP is paid regardless of income or savings. Once someone has been awarded PIP, which can be paid at one of eight rates, that award will be reviewed. Reviews of PIP are a key part of the benefit to ensure that awards remain correct where needs may change (including where needs increase and the award may need to increase) and that we maintain contact with the individual, both features that were missing from PIP’s predecessor Disability Living Allowance. The length of an award is based on an individual’s circumstances and can vary from nine months to an on-going award, with a light touch review after 10 years.

DWPs own words clearly states.

We use a separate assessment to determine entitlement for PIP. Unlike in UC and ESA, PIP aims to help people with the extra costs of a disability or long-term health condition.

Believe me when I say this this government just love persecuting the poor and disabled in anyway they can.

When and if I ever get told to get a full time job they will have a fight on their hands you can be assured of that.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby, Debbiedryland

More
2 years 6 months ago #264398 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Hi all,

I thought I better post this just in case anybody missed it. Personally, Coffey gives me the creeps.

It does seem like she is intent on going back to the 2010 promise of drastically cutting the benefits bill. Susie is quite right when she says that old chestnut about work being good for the soul etc etc looks like making a comeback.

I can just see Johnson, who lets face it, has never done a proper days work in his life, pumping his fist and coming out with this one till we get sick of hearing it, or words to that effect, 'Tonight I must give you this simple instruction. Everyone must be oven ready and stay at work and only leave for essential purposes'.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.