× Members

Anyone for Coffey?

More
2 years 6 months ago #264759 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Hi all,

Having read the latest newsletter today, I just hope that Coffey is 'just testing the water' and it was just conference talk that will fade away.

As for working out what percentage of ESA claimants should not be in the support group, I just hope trying get the percentage figures down gives her a bigger headache than it's worth.

Regards,

Phrank.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264813 by TwistedWitch
Replied by TwistedWitch on topic Anyone for Coffey?
What gets me is that she trotted out that old 'we need to change the focus to ‘what people can do rather than the benefit system being currently driven by what you cannot do’' conveniently forgetting the fact that the Work Capability Assessment is already geared up that way. It's already about what a claimant can do, not what they can't. She's making it sound, yet again, to the ignorant public that disabled claimants can get benefits easily and with no effort or impediment and the whole lot of them sicken me to my core!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

More
2 years 6 months ago #264815 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Hi Phrank,

I hope your right, but I certainly wont be holding me breath. Coffeys gunning for SG claimants, just look at her mug you can see her coldness, and hatred towards us. It's written all over her face. I can only imagine she sleeps 10 hours a night like a tot lol, hence )% conscience.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

More
2 years 6 months ago #264829 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Anyone for Coffey?

Hi Phrank,

I hope your right, but I certainly wont be holding me breath. Coffeys gunning for SG claimants, just look at her mug you can see her coldness, and hatred towards us. It's written all over her face. I can only imagine she sleeps 10 hours a night like a tot lol, hence )% conscience.

Regards.

Mrfibro and anyone. Watch this space within the next year? Can't say to much at the moment, I will inform you all when. Things are gonna change I bet my life on it.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

More
2 years 6 months ago #264831 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Get ready for the ride, they will be changing the SG, they have no choice as they see it.

The pandemic has produced two additional pandemics, mental health problems and Long Covid.

NICE had to put emergency guidance in place to deal with the currently, 1.1 million people suffering from Post Covid Syndrome. Part of the testing for this condition is regarding mental health and the one that will see the gov stats come unstuck, testing for dysautonomia. The very simple active stand test that GPs have been unaware of, or not wanted to do, is now in black and white. They will be doing it.

The active stand test confirms without question that a person has a dysfunction of their autonomic nervous system. Literally hundreds everyday are joining the support groups.. The numbers potentially being diagnosed with a condition that completely disables a person, usually young, to an extent that even the DWP condition criteria says same as COPD and heart failure.

The same applies to mental health, the increase in a form of PTSD is approximately 20% of the general public.

So how do they deal with this, its not going away, autonomic dysfunction when caused by a virus, either its gone in a few months or its here to stay. It will grow in numbers because we are still creating thousands of new infections every few hours, according to the ONS, they conservatively say 1.7% will have Long Hauler syndrome.

Viruses of this ilk, also trigger lurking auto inflammatory diseases caused by genetics and we have not mentioned the other conditions that have and will continue to be triggered.

They are going to target those who are easiest to remove from the benefits system.
PIP will not continue post retirement age
ESA support group will not be classed as a legacy benefit once they remove it and call it something else. That will remove all contribution based ESA applicants, effectively benefits will only apply to means tested benefits which they will eventually move PIP and AA into.

Recently NICE put the breaks on including ME as a condition with new guidance, again, they needed to halt the potential diagnosis as a physiological condition because its also increasing from Covid.

Just my thoughts but based on what's happening in the various groups, the numbers joining and what's coming out of guidelines, medical journals, research and studies. They will be clearing house to avoid having millions of new applicants.

So its Coffey time round at number 11 while they balance the books.

We should not feel worried or insulted, after all it's just business.

grrrrr
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby, Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264837 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Hi Mr,

I hope I'm right, too - but I guess I probably don't think so.

I think the big hit will be with the youngsters, there are a lot of right wing supporters who are members of the general public with secure, well paid jobs and plenty of money who will endorse this.

There are so many people who have had a leg up in life who pretend, or choose to ignore, that poverty and disability exist.

I used to work with someone like this ( in fact he was my boss) who thought all people without jobs were jobless because they were idle and that disabled people were inferior - the type to cross the street whenever he saw someone inflicted by disability.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwistedWitch, MrFibro

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.