× Members

Anyone for Coffey?

More
2 years 6 months ago #264600 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Yes Phrank, you are correct about the percentage of disabled employees. It was 2% of employees. You got a disabled card from a government department (I can't remember which one). I got one because I fell down some stone steps at work and it was classed as an industrial injury. I lost my card over the years. They did seem relatively easy to get at the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264617 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Anyone for Coffey?
Hi Dixip,

The Tory levelling up certainly wont level up for the benefit of disabled people, especially with those who are severe disabled ie with having either singular or multiple hidden illnesses.

I was quite upset when i read this article the other day about how tories would save benefit monies off certain disabled people.

links are below:

uk.news.yahoo.com/tory-mp-taxpayer-saves...nalds-215120764.html

sputniknews.com/20191206/hastings-disabl...ndal-1077502987.html

regards.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264621 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Anyone for Coffey?
HI Dixip,

Thanks for that. It confirms my hazy memories. Yes, in my first job there was a deaf couple I used to work with and someone said at the time about this government scheme.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264684 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Anyone for Coffey?
My husband who has epilepsy used to have one of those cards. He used to recoup a great deal more in insurance claims than they ever paid him. The trouble with percentage schemes is that employers likely pick and choose people with disabilities that will tick their box but not need expensive adjustments or much time off....
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264690 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Anyone for Coffey?

My husband who has epilepsy used to have one of those cards. He used to recoup a great deal more in insurance claims than they ever paid him. The trouble with percentage schemes is that employers likely pick and choose people with disabilities that will tick their box but not need expensive adjustments or much time off....
Denby

......And, sadly, I can't ever see a system being put in place that works for both employer and employee.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264705 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic Anyone for Coffey?

DWPs own words clearly states.

We use a separate assessment to determine entitlement for PIP. Unlike in UC and ESA, PIP aims to help people with the extra costs of a disability or long-term health condition.

They do at the moment but they've long mooted the idea of combing the assessment (not the benefits) which means fewer assessments and thereby cutting back on admin costs but disabled people could stand to lose all

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.