× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 4 months ago #80606 by SIBBO
Replied by SIBBO on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Dear B & W,
I decided to take your advice and NOT read other's comments regarding PIP, as they could be distressing.
I am glad that I didn't, because having done the PIP self-assessment, it informs me that I would lose the Higher Rate Mobility component by one point! And my own distress will be enough for me.
They aren't just "moving the goalposts", they've taken them away!
How on earth can a person's disability, with it's inherent multiple mobility problems, be accurately assessed by a 'one tick' answer?
I (and many others I feel) would be deeply grateful if someone could enlighten me as to the Acts of Parliament upon which the wording of the PIP Test is reputedly based.
My understanding of one of the questions for the Care Element of DLA was, "Can you prepare a cooked meal for yourself - without risk of injury to yourself or others?
Has this crucial definition been removed from questions applied to disabled applicants?
The reason I ask is this, that the doctor at my ATOS medical asked me if I could safely pop a ready made meal into a microwave oven.
I genuinely fear that all those who have physical disabilities at the moment, will soon be inflicted with severe psychological and mental trauma because of the 'dragnet' approach to cut the welfare bill.
My thanks for all the assistance and news which you provide,
Sibbo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80610 by SIBBO
Replied by SIBBO on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Regarding Mobility and Motability cars, question 11 seems to explicitly show that if you are NOT a wheelchair user, then you will not qualify for the Higher Rate mobility or a Motability Vehicle. Have I misread the options given or not?

More
12 years 4 months ago #80612 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I agree ladymadonna. I under assesed myself on everything and still came out wth enhanced on both :ohmy:
okay I know I need to get up the courage to ask for a relook at my care as I am on low rate and for nigh on a year I've qualified[as I work it out] to middle rate at least... but I have been on HRM since 2001 and so scared to lose it, I'd be totaly housebound and couldn't take it. I'm afraid my experiance of ESA is destroying my trust in DWP. and yes I really did trust :blink:

More
12 years 4 months ago #80613 by ShadowPony
Replied by ShadowPony on topic Re:New PIP self-test
all i know is that personal independence payment will penalise those who are already independent, and discourage those who are dependent, from becomeing indpendent. it flies in the government's stated aim of giving indpeendence to disabled people. what they mean is indpendence from the state, and unless disabled people have access to aids and adapts in other ways than state help that they can afford, this indpeendence from the state won't happen at all.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80614 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:New PIP self-test
That's the impression, that I got, Sibbo. They have really restricted the possible answers.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80615 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
SIBBO wrote:

Regarding Mobility and Motability cars, question 11 seems to explicitly show that if you are NOT a wheelchair user, then you will not qualify for the Higher Rate mobility or a Motability Vehicle. Have I misread the options given or not?

You raise an interesting point, does the reference to a wheelchair in 11(e) and 11(f) require the use of a wheelchair, excluding someone who could not walk 50m (with other aids), but does not use a wheelchair.

I suspect there is no immediate answer to this question, but will try and find out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.