× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 4 months ago #80838 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I had a call from motability today as we are just in the process of applying, I mention PIP to the lovely advisor and how we had spent many hours working out if we should go forward with motability, we are in a position where we will soo have no vehicle anyway as it is caput, the motability car will fit my wheelchair and all other equipment needed to go out for a day so we are taking the chance that hopefully i can have a bit of freedom, talking this through with the motability man he knew all about PIP etc but was unable to say how the points and levels will affect current customers, so it will be a wait and see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80839 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:New PIP self-test
By the questions on PIP there is nothing if you need help at night or supervision and to expect people to live on processed food is awful. also it seems that they dwp?atos/government want people in wheelchair to be hated as they could get PIP and there for the highter rate to get a mobility car and people who get dla HRM would not get it under PIP and loose out. i find this awful. PIP does not go into detail about pain,breathlessness,fatigue etc. this is also very worrying. what about help getting out of bed? surely put bottom clothes on is harder than top and the same goes for bathing. the top half is harder to wash than the bottom. ehat about remembering things?

The list goes on and if the government do not address these things when we are all in trouble as there are so many IMPORTANT things that are covered with DLA but not with PIP. there is no room in there minds for for complex disabled people. atos will be doing the medicals and they do not get the information they should with esa to give them a clearer picture so god knows what will happen.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #80840 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:New PIP self-test
i forgot to add will claiments of PIP get an indefinate award like they do now on DLA... i suspect not. i really hope ATOS will not be doing the medicals for PIP as they are likely to kill people. You only have to look at ESA to see the mess they have made. [section removed]. i have read some where there is a petition on the e petition's website to get rid of ATOS.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80876 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:New PIP self-test
i think what C63 means is that a person who has HIV can live a relativly normal life on medication.
a person with full blown AIDS usually dies.
Hiv is the virus that causes AIDS

www.aids.org/topics/aids-faqs/difference-between-hiv-and-aids/

hope that helps

martin

More
12 years 4 months ago #80882 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:New PIP self-test
looks like on pip im going to loose my LRM :(

martin

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #80903 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
PIP SELF-TEST

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.