× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 4 months ago #80616 by Ang
Replied by Ang on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Sibbo
it looks like motability will cease to exist and I like many others would lose my only way to get out and my only way to get to work. Therefore the saving of £49 per week which keeps me in full time employment would actually cost them a lot more as I would be unable to work as I can not travel on bus and they would lose all the tax and NI that I pay, mostly about £1200 per month. I could not afford to buy my motability car and make the changes necessary to a different one.
how would that be saving money. The I in PIP means independence doesnt it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80622 by SIBBO
Replied by SIBBO on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Thank you.

Sibbo

More
12 years 4 months ago #80623 by SIBBO
Replied by SIBBO on topic Re:New PIP self-test
My nephew (also on DLA because of our genetic condition) has made some valid observations; companies like KwikFit, AA, car insurance, car dealers, fuel companies, and automotive spare parts dealers, will all suffer greatly if 90% of Motabilty vehicles are wiped out of the economy.

• James2
12 years 4 months ago #80632 by James2
Replied by James2 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
According to the self test I would get enhanced rate for both however im a little confused with 2 of the questions,Q3 regarding medication and managing therapy, I understand needing assistance with taking medicine (scored one point)but what do they mean by therapy? as managing therapy receives the highest score.Also Q4 bathing and grooming,when they say bathing does that also mean showering as I can no longer use a bath? I realise it may be just me not understanding the questions correctly but if/when it comes the time to fill in a pips form for real I want to get the answers right.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80633 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re: New PIP self-test
I scored for both elements to PIP the standard rate, don't know what that is, but I guess I lose the car, I get HRM Indefinitely for being virtually unable to walk, so there it is, we lose!

Good luck to all.

More
12 years 4 months ago #80635 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
James2 wrote:

According to the self test I would get enhanced rate for both however im a little confused with 2 of the questions,Q3 regarding medication and managing therapy, I understand needing assistance with taking medicine (scored one point)but what do they mean by therapy? as managing therapy receives the highest score.Also Q4 bathing and grooming,when they say bathing does that also mean showering as I can no longer use a bath? I realise it may be just me not understanding the questions correctly but if/when it comes the time to fill in a pips form for real I want to get the answers right.

As I understand it bathing includes showering, but if a claimant did not have access to a stand alone shower, as opposed to one in their bath and therefore could not use it, this would be relevant.

Therapy would include things like exercise, stretching and lifting, mental exercises, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.