× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145460 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Appeal
Hi Gordon

Do Atos or whoever the assessor may be, make the recommendation for a face to face?

Are DWP responsible for setting up time and place of that assessment?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145462 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal

Johnny wrote: Hi Gordon

Do Atos or whoever the assessor may be, make the recommendation for a face to face?

Are DWP responsible for setting up time and place of that assessment?

Hi J,

"Do Atos or whoever the assessor may be, make the recommendation for a face to face?"

When the Assessment Provider (ATOS or Capita) receive your PIP 2 Form, an Assessor is "supposed" to look at that and any other evidence that you may have provided to see whether a face to face is needed and appropriate, or whether they have enough evidence to make a paper based assessment without the need for a face to face.

"Are DWP responsible for setting up time and place of that assessment?"

No, see my response above, it is up to The Assessment Provider.

Once DWP have referred you to ATOS or Capita, they are responsible for "all" Medical Services carried out in The PIP Assessment.

Once your assessment has been completed, they return your file to The DWP who then make the decision.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145463 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Appeal
Thanks, bro58.

Seems quite clear.

As for my case, having called after 5 weeks of sending PIP2, I was told DWP had enough evidence, so I'm waiting on Case Managers decision.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145884 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Hi does any one know if the pip interviewer can choose to ask your support that has travelled with you to the interview questions about you, even if they do not go into the interview. Thanks.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago #145892 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Hi does any one know if the pip interviewer can choose to ask your support that has travelled with you to the interview questions about you, even if they do not go into the interview. Thanks.

Hi P,

I am sorry but I really don't understand your question, can you clarify what you mean ?

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago #145894 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Do Atos close for Christmas. If so for how long. I am due a get a face to face appointment soon but going away for Christmas Just wondering if there will be no appointments arrangedby ATOS over the Christmas period and new year. Or do they plough on regardless of christmas, thanks

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.