× Members

PIP Appeal

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152110 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Hi, could I ask If I have been given a standard care award but expected enhanced award if I ask for a second opinion to see if it can be changed to enhanced, will this mean that I will not get any award until the second opinion has been decided. Just wondering if it is worth waiting without any award if I ask for it to be looked at again as it can take months for a decision, thanks.

Hi P,

Please don't make duplicate posts, there will always be a variable time delay between you posting and your post showing up on the forum.

Mods cannot be on-line to approve and respond to member's posts 24/7 !

See : This Topic which is always near the top of the forum !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152269 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
HI there I now have my award which is 11 points. I am going to go to MR on eating and drinking cos no points awarded but I need some advice on what extra evidence. I was awarded 2 points more preparing cooking food, due to lack of motivation, depression and anxiety. I included that I have an eating disorder but it has not been diagnosed. I have a letter from my GP which states "due to her eating disorder she has stooped eating" which I included. I also included a diagnosed jaw problem which states " makes eating painful, difficult. eating, which mean I can only eat soft foods comfortably. I am under weight (evidence give) which they have acknowledged in the HP medical assessment. Saying" looks under weight but not malnourished". "is motivated to eat, sees as a necessity" (only to stay alive)
I included a letter from my carer who is a medical Doctor, which states that he monitors what I have eaten and regularly checks to see if I have eaten that day.

Im not sure what further evidence I can include to hit the descriptor. Can you help me to understand what I have to do to hit the descriptor. Is it worth MR if this did not work first time, thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal
Poppy

From your post your MR appears to hang on whether you need supervision or prompting in order for you to eat. At the moment the Decision Maker has chosen

b. Needs –
(i) to use an aid or appliance to be able to take nutrition; or
(ii) supervision to be able to take nutrition; or
(iii) assistance to be able to cut up food. 2 points.

as neither (I) or (iii) would seem to apply.

To score higher you will need to show;

d. Needs prompting to be able to take nutrition. 4 points.

So any evidence you send should be aimed at supporting this.

“Prompting” means reminding, encouraging or explaining by another person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152301 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Thank you, that is exactly what I tried to convey. Ill ask my carer to write another letter. I have receivced all 11points for the reason of not been motivated and depression. So having an eating disorder should suggest to any reasonable person that I would not be motivated to eat. Does not been motivated to eat count as points for descriptor, thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152305 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Appeal
\'lack of motivation' in itself does not meet any of the descriptors. You will only score points by phrasing your problems in the same terms as the descriptors.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #152306 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Thank you, that is exactly what I tried to convey. Ill ask my carer to write another letter. I have receivced all 11points for the reason of not been motivated and depression. So having an eating disorder should suggest to any reasonable person that I would not be motivated to eat. Does not been motivated to eat count as points for descriptor, thanks

“Supervision” means the continuous presence of another person for the purpose of ensuring your
safety which would seem to be inconsistent with your description of your problems.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.