× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 3 months ago #148934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Thank you very much for your comments, it helps. The HP typed up everything as I spoke, (she seem to do alot of typing. The PC was working it was just she said she didn't have access to my records. She said she would check later when it came back.
Why did she ask me to to spell backwards and ask me the date. Is this a descriptor, what if I got it wrong?
Why did she say "so you definitely never have a bath" I said "no only showers, the shower is over the bath". I am physically fit and have no movement problems, so why would she ask this. It was irreverent. I only applied for mental health grounds not mobility. Thanks

The spelling and the date are common questions for a simple mental state examination, they also ask the claimant to count backwards from 100 in 7s.

Having a bath would require you to lower yourself into it and might suggest upper body strength and grip, if you have said elsewhere on the form that this is a an issue, for example; you cannot lift pots and pans, then this might be seen as an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148939 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Appeal
Hi Poppy,

Your previous topic is here -

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=107318

If you make this a favourite it or bookmark, on your web browser, you will find it easily in future. Or you can click on your username while signed into the site and your previous posts will be listed.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148975 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
No I have no issues with under body or mobility so I really dont know why I was asked this. Could I also ask if I said that a condition effects me 50% of the time will it be dismissed. I just made a guess and then realized that I had to say over 50%. for it to count. I could have said 51% of the time but I didn't I just said 50% of the time. Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #148980 by Poppy
No I have no issues with under body or mobility so I really dont know why I was asked this. Could I also ask if I said that a condition effects me 50% of the time will it be dismissed. I just made a guess and then realized that I had to say over 50%. for it to count. I could have said 51% of the time but I didn't I just said 50% of the time. Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #148983 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: No I have no issues with under body or mobility so I really dont know why I was asked this. Could I also ask if I said that a condition effects me 50% of the time will it be dismissed. I just made a guess and then realized that I had to say over 50%. for it to count. I could have said 51% of the time but I didn't I just said 50% of the time. Thanks

You don't need to re post your questions :) even when a Moderator should be online it can still take time for posts to appear in the forum as we process them first in, first out.

the legal requirement is that claimant are effected for the majority of the time e.g. more than 50% but there will always be an issue of credibility when presenting a fluctuating condition so even if you had said 51% of the time it might not improve your situation significantly.

For those with a mathematical background this would be the standard deviation, although I am not suggesting that a Decision Maker would apply this.

Basically, 60% of the time will be viewed as more credible than 51% and 75% as more credible than 60%, the difference could boil down to the words that you have used to describe your limitations.

Gordon

More
8 years 3 months ago #149145 by Poppy
Thank you, I just have to hope 50% of the time will be enough to qualify. I said that I feel anxious and depress all of the time at the moment but then she asked me if I had felt well in the last 3 to 6 months ago. I said in the summer I fell better I said my mood anxiety depression was 50 50. Do u think this is ok to qualify for descriptor.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.