× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 3 months ago #150902 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Appeal
Hi Poppy

I've just been reading through the descriptors for feeding and taking nourishment, and I'm not quite sure why you answered Q3?

Q4 would have served you much better, covering a lot of the points that you have made with regard to having difficulty feeding, lacking the desire to eat etc. Obviously you have physical pain on eating, and this is causing you to not want to eat, but Q3 addresses the more physical issues concerned with feeding yourself, the practical problems rather than the emotional issues.

You don't say whether or not you have had an award; I assume you have, because you mention the 11 points you scored. If you disagree with this and want to ask for Mandatory Reconsideration, then you have a month in which to apply. If you decide to apply, you could point out that you made a mistake with your answer, answering Q3 when Q4 would have been more appropriate. you could also point out, as you have in your email here, that your diet is not a balanced and nutritious one (explain what and when you eat). That you need prompting to eat etc.

The worst that can happen, if you request MR is that you are turned down - the decision maker says that he is unable to change the number of points you were awarded.

I would go through the PIP guide, looking at Q4 very closely and see what happens if you answer the 6 questions that are posed there. If you then still feel that you have been given the wrong award, you could appeal at some later date. Always be aware, though, that if you do appeal you could lose the points you have already been awarded.

Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150958 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
sorry I didn't make it clear. I only have the medical report but i have totalled up how many points from the tick boxes for points on the medical report. I was given prompting for preparing cooking food and no help for taking nutrition.
What I wrote on my questionnaire about taking nutrition was included in the question about preparing food and not the question on taking nutrition. I got mixed up.. will they still consider it.

I was wondering where the 6 questions were that you said I should try answering. I just want to find out what qualifies for taking nutrition and why I don't, thanks so much.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: sorry I didn't make it clear. I only have the medical report but i have totalled up how many points from the tick boxes for points on the medical report. I was given prompting for preparing cooking food and no help for taking nutrition.
What I wrote on my questionnaire about taking nutrition was included in the question about preparing food and not the question on taking nutrition. I got mixed up.. will they still consider it.

I was wondering where the 6 questions were that you said I should try answering. I just want to find out what qualifies for taking nutrition and why I don't, thanks so much.

The positive thing is that it is documented on the claim form albeit in the wrong place.

If the Decision has not been made yet then you have a narrow window to try and correct the mistake, you need to write to the Decision Maker at the DWP office that has been dealing with the PIP claim.

If it has or is made before you are able to contact the DM then you will have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration if you do not receive the award that you think that you deserve.

I think that Shelam is referring to the example answers which are at the end of the section for each question on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

More
8 years 2 months ago #152094 by Poppy
Hi, could you help. If I have been awarded standard care and go for a reconciliation (second look) will I still get the standard award while it is been looked at, or will I get nothing until the second look has been completed. Just wondering if it is worth worrying and waiting if I do not receive anything while waiting for second opinion, thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152108 by Poppy
Hi, could I ask If I have been given a standard care award but expected enhanced award if I ask for a second opinion to see if it can be changed to enhanced, will this mean that I will not get any award until the second opinion has been decided. Just wondering if it is worth waiting without any award if I ask for it to be looked at again as it can take months for a decision, thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152109 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Hi, could you help. If I have been awarded standard care and go for a reconciliation (second look) will I still get the standard award while it is been looked at, or will I get nothing until the second look has been completed. Just wondering if it is worth worrying and waiting if I do not receive anything while waiting for second opinion, thanks

Hi P,

I see that you have many different PIP topics which I will merge with this one !!

You seem to start a different topic every time you have query.

You should keep all future PIP related queries to this topic !!!

I assume that you mean a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) !! :)

When you request an MR of any adverse decision the adverse decision remains, either until it is changed due to The MR, or if not then, as the result of an appeal to The Tribunal Service. (TS)

So, in your case, you would continue to receive the Standard Rate award whilst either The MR or any subsequent appeal was ongoing.

You should be aware that when you request an MR the whole PIP Award/s will be looked at afresh which can result in the award staying the same, increasing, reducing or being lost altogether.

Although, claimant's do not lose an existing award or receive a reduced one as a result of an MR very often, we have had heard from at least one member where this has happened.

So you need to risk assess how safe your existing PIP award is !!

Any decision made as a result of an MR can be appealed to The TS !

See : This Post regarding requesting an MR/Appeal of an adverse PIP decision.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.