× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 5 months ago #145895 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Hi sorry for the mis- understanding. At the face to face interview with ATOS for pip assessment can the interviewer ask questions to your support at the interview. Can the support wait outside or go in, can I choose and will it make a difference about asking the support questions if the interviewer chooses to do so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145899 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Do Atos close for Christmas. If so for how long. I am due a get a face to face appointment soon but going away for Christmas Just wondering if there will be no appointments arrangedby ATOS over the Christmas period and new year. Or do they plough on regardless of christmas, thanks

They won't be working on the three Bank Holidays but I would expect them to be open the other days. If you will be away from home, contact ATOS and the DWP to make them aware.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145902 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Hi sorry for the mis- understanding. At the face to face interview with ATOS for pip assessment can the interviewer ask questions to your support at the interview. Can the support wait outside or go in, can I choose and will it make a difference about asking the support questions if the interviewer chooses to do so.

You can have someone with you during the assessment, I wouldn't expect the assessor to direct any questions to the person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145903 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Hi sorry for the mis- understanding. At the face to face interview with ATOS for pip assessment can the interviewer ask questions to your support at the interview. Can the support wait outside or go in, can I choose and will it make a difference about asking the support questions if the interviewer chooses to do so.

Hi P,

o.k. I see ! :)

Your support/ companion should be allowed to be present with you, and they can take notes of the meeting, that is your choice to make.

The Assessor, would normally direct all questions to you (the claimant) although your companion may be allowed some input if they are your carer, etc, and know how your disability affects you on a day to day basis.

What to expect can be read from Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145931 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Hi is it possible when asking for a second opinion of an assessment claim that they would consider evidence from a tape recording from an Atos interview to strengthen the case for an award. Could I send them the tape or just quote what had been said, thanks

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145933 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Appeal
I would quote from the tape and offer to submit it if required.

Be sure to stick to short quotes which are directly relevant to the decision(s) you are appeling against.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.