× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 3 months ago #148704 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
:whistle: Hi, I have just had my PIP medical today. I got a taxi where and back and took my mum with me. It lasted 2 hrs and 15mins. I was exhausted. I recorded the first 30 mins then the tape ran out. I was not expecting to be in there for that length of time. In the end I just wanted to get out and im sure it affected my anwsers. The HP told me her system was down so was unable to look at my questionnaire in detail but a colluge had let her have a quick look before the assessment. I keep telling her throughout the assessment that all that info she was asking me was on my questionaire and the appendix supplied supported this so I choose not to give detailed answers and repeat myself as they already had all that info. I just said the examples are on my questionnaire form, she said fine.

Now im worried that the extra appendix supporting evidence will not be taken into consideration. It hardly my fault she could not access all my information I had sent in.
Also 2.15 hrs was way too long for me to stay, connected and alert.
She told me it would be 8 weeks before I would hear anything and she did not make the decsion. I have heard that the turnaround is more like 2 to 3 weeks, which is right? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148707 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal
Poppy

Two and a quarter hours is an extraordinary time for an assessment even if they were having problems with their app.

Decision usually take about 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148712 by Poppy
Thank you, she took over 1 hr to go through my medical conditions before she even got to how it affects me. By then I was loosing the will to live. Why would she tell me 8 weeks for a decision, is it that in yorkshire theres a longer waiting time to get results back. Legally should she have looked at my questionnaire and supporting evidence I sent to them. Thanks

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #148739 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Appeal
Hi
You need to take good care of your tape as it is exhibit one if you don't get your award.
Your assessment sounds like a shambles, IMO she should have considered rebooking due to technical hitch. You definitely have a strong case. You might even like to consider a formal complaint.
She might have given you a longer wait time because she needs to consider how to approach writing up your report. If her computer wasn't working how did she record your answers or was it just the supporting evidence she couldn't access? Just a quick look on someone elses screen before the assessment is inadequate IMO.
Shame you didn't have more tape.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148908 by Poppy
Thank you very much for your comments, it helps. The HP typed up everything as I spoke, (she seem to do alot of typing. The PC was working it was just she said she didn't have access to my records. She said she would check later when it came back.
Why did she ask me to to spell backwards and ask me the date. Is this a descriptor, what if I got it wrong?
Why did she say "so you definitely never have a bath" I said "no only showers, the shower is over the bath". I am physically fit and have no movement problems, so why would she ask this. It was irreverent. I only applied for mental health grounds not mobility. Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148920 by Poppy
Hi, sorry I created a new topic but I dont know how to find my last post.

My question is I was asked some of the questions on a mmse, like spell world then spell world backwards, what is 100 - 25. take 7 off 100, 7 times. remember 3 things I mentioned 5 mins ago. What is the date. I did not know why I was asked these things as they had nothing to do with the descriptors. I got some of them right and some of them I could not answer. Why do you think I was asked these questions. My main illness is depression and PTSD. I also have dyslexia. Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.