× Members

Pip

More
5 years 2 months ago #226699 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
Hi Gorden
Well recieved two letters one saying might need a f2f and one saying appointment at Derby 35 miles away , expected a f2f but not 35 miles away can you please advice
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226705 by STEVO
I have emailed the doctor to see if we can get a letter for home visit , we should get a reply by Tuesday , the f2f not a promblem the distance is , The last time it was a home visit this time well miles away and ny wife is even worse

More
5 years 2 months ago #226732 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
David

This is not that unusual, the computer allocates the first available appointment that is within the allowed 90 minute travel time, you can move it to a closer venue, I assume there is one but it will count as one of her two opportunities to attend.

Alternatively, go for the home assessment but the GP letter must be unambiguous about her being unable to attend at the AP's offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226741 by STEVO
Hi, My wife as not heard of the doctors as of yet , My wife as appointed tomorrow with the mental health and appointment with hospital Wednesday for a colonoscopy , the nurse at the doctors as made appointment to see a physio next Tuesday , this is fast becoming a nightmare they think my wife as a pituitary problem which is making so much pain , would see have to have a doctors note for a home visit
Many thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #227056 by STEVO
Hi, Gorden
My wife’s doctors have merged with another practice so rightly so like the doctor said my wife is not house bound so we have to go , worth a try as last one was home visit , My wife as arthritis of both knees and as to stop , but if you walk in the centre How is that classed?
because she is struggling? Could you give any advise
Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #227080 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
David

The assessment effectively starts from when you leave your home, they will look at how you get to their office, any distance that is walked to their offices and in their offices. If this is not what your wife can usually manage then she should make this clear in the interview and why she is more restricted. Remember, the test is the distance that she can reliably walk on the majority of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.