× Members

Pip

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #228481 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
Hi Gorden My wife took your advice , The first time my wife was two points off enhanced that was 2016i think there are getting clever this time it was four points of both and welfare right said there might be harder to get , The strange thing is the point on walking are more this time and the overwhelming distress none last time four plus my wife is under a doctor for mental health last time she was nt , there said no weakness in hand not what the hospital have said so there are doctors knowi do nt think
My wife as osteoarthritis in both knees grade 3 / 4 she A’s spondylitis which she was told last week is very bad , not recieved the copy of letter yet but also physio have said it she as pins in her feet both are deformed, My wife been in agony the last months her hands have been so painful we are to go see a endocrinologist, she can physically take no more or mentally , she said she not in a wheelchair even though she in pain 20 50 metres last time 50 /200 they changed the goal points
it’s affecting our quality of life and with anxiety ishe just just cannot switch of , it’s not that it’s not true it’s she ca nt take the stress
Thank you again I will remain a member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231665 by STEVO
Hi Gorden , I was wondering if you could advise me, I have my own business and I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis I have worked all my life and still working at the moment, but beginning to struggle, can I apply for pip in due cause ? Will I be able to get esa if I have to finish work ? Any help would be helpful

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #231689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

David wrote: Hi Gorden , I was wondering if you could advise me, I have my own business and I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis I have worked all my life and still working at the moment, but beginning to struggle, can I apply for pip in due cause ? Will I be able to get esa if I have to finish work ? Any help would be helpful

Providing you have suffered from your current limitations for three months and expect to for a further nine months then you can make a claim for PIP, obviously, you will need to show that you meet the criteria for an award, see out PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

To make a claim for ESA you will need to have sufficient Class 2 NI Contribution in the two Tax Years proceeding the date of claim, at the moment these are 2016-17 and 2017-18. If you don't have the Contributions then it would be Universal Credit depending on your circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Gordon. Reason: added missing criteria

More
4 years 10 months ago #231696 by STEVO
Thank you , yes I payed all my contributions, but only just being diagnosed with R Arthritis so cannot apply for pip yet , I hope to carry on as long as I can so I will see how I go ,
Thank you again

More
4 years 10 months ago #231710 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

David wrote: Thank you , yes I payed all my contributions, but only just being diagnosed with R Arthritis so cannot apply for pip yet , I hope to carry on as long as I can so I will see how I go ,
Thank you again

It's not when you were diagnosed but when you started having your current issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240558 by STEVO
Hi Gorden
I have applied for pip because I have rheumatoid arthritis lupus . My f2f was three weeks ago , I rang today to be told the dwp have only had it back 4 days ago could this be correct ? Any insight will help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.