× Members

Pip

More
3 years 1 day ago #258782 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
My wife received a letter to say her pip extended to 2022 December. Have you any idea when they will be in touch she is aware they normally contact early . My wife health as unfortunately got worse and she was going go for a change of circumstances, but if they contact early no point
My wife as suffering mental health well she was in 2016 but because she wasn’t in the mental health sector it got overlooked she was on medication. She is terrified so that why we didn’t ask for change of circumstances

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 day ago #258784 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip
Hi David

It is difficult to be exact because some members have had their award extended and then a few weeks later received a review form. This is completely random, so I can't say whether that will happen in your wife's case.

If the extension is as set - then they are likely to contact her any time from Dec 2021 (a year before). Before the pandemic, they used to send out forms 6 months before, but this figure also varies and some members are getting 8 or 10 months before.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 18 hours ago #258806 by STEVO
Thank you for your reply

More
3 years 18 hours ago #258807 by STEVO
My wife received a letter a long time ago regarding mental health saying they have looked at the claim from 2016 mental health and things stayed the same. Are they looking at these forms yet again as she got lower points for psychological distress .
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk2833

More
3 years 6 hours ago #258826 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip
Hi David

The DWP are reviewing claims/awards from November 28 2016 for people who may have been entitled to mobility for overwhelming psychological distress that they suffered. This is an ongoing process. Claimants will receive a letter saying that either their claim has been looked at and either it remains the same or they will be awarded a back payment. We can't tell you whether you are eligible for this - only the DWP can

www.gov.uk/government/publications/perso...rom-28-november-2016

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #258870 by STEVO
My wife received a letter over 12 months ago she was suffering phycological distress . Are they looking at them again as I realise there as being problems with this issue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.