× Members

Pip

More
4 years 1 month ago #244996 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
Thank you very much that’s a great help . Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249126 by STEVO
My wife pip is due 2021 for renewal .Am I right in thinking they will be in touch shortly
it normally 12 months before if I am right but as the situation slowed things down
Regards

More
3 years 8 months ago #249144 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
David

The DWP reduced the lead time to six months about a year ago.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 2 months ago #254766 by STEVO
Hi, My wife as recieved a letter to say award been extended.
The problem here is my wife health as got worse
Is it wise to go for a change of circumstances
She as all relevant evidence
How long will it take any ideas

More
3 years 2 months ago #254782 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip
Hi David

Only you can answer the question 'Is it wise to go for a change of circumstances'.

If you report a Change then you should do so in writing as the date of your letter will be used to set the start date of any new award, Ideally, send it using a Track'd post so that you have proof of delivery.

Before you report a Change you should be certain that your wife would reasonably qualify for a higher award, not all deterioration or even new conditions will result in her scoring the points needed for a higher award. See our PIP Claims guide for the criteria that she will need to make.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you report a Change then your wife will be sent a new PIP2 to complete and it is almost certain that she will be required to have some sort of assessment, her evidence will need to be very clear and compelling for a Paper Based Review to be done.

Remember, PIP awards are based on the limitations that result, it may be obvious to you why your wife can't complete the PIP activities but don't assume that those assessing her will make the same connections.

If you have any further questions, please come back to the forum.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 2 months ago #254788 by STEVO
Hi, Thank you for your reply . My wife as been diagnosed with a degenerative disc deasease . Cervical spondylitis, fibromyalgia, also needs a operation in her knee and as been given a stick to walk she as also been diagnosed with diverticulitis. She as suffered with her nerves for years but this even though she was taken medication seemed to be ignored. Things have changed and she is having counselling for past issues . My wife as relevant information to all these matters , her medication as been changed also to stronger pain relief . I can see that she will score points but she is terrified . How wrong is it she to afraid to deal with this ,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.