× Members

UC carers element

More
3 years 9 months ago #248867 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic UC carers element
Thank you, getting my head round it now.
The only thing is, we need benefit proof that he is a Carer for an altogether different purpose, and I believe Carers Allowance may take longer for the dwp to process than the UC with Carers Element. We need the benefit award proving he is a Carer within 4 weeks or so for this other purpose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #248868 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC carers element
Hi Cruella

It is usually quicker to claim CA than UC, you can claim CA over the phone or online www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/how-to-claim. CA unit: 0800 731 0297.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
3 years 9 months ago #248892 by Perdita
Do you have to do an electronic signature for the online Carers Allowance claim filling

More
3 years 9 months ago #248894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC carers element
Cruella

Not as far as I know, most people are unable to provide this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #248895 by Perdita
I don't think you can do the C/A claim over the phone at mo' so def need to go the online route which is preferable anyway. We notified DWP that son permanently living with me from today so that they know to remove my SDP. But after the call, I wondered whether it was okay to say 'as from today' son permanently living with me, and giving today's date . I mean is it okay to do it on the same day or should I have waited until tomorrow so that I could have given the previous day's date. I know you cannot give future dates for a change of circumstances but is it okay to give the current day's date please do you know?

More
3 years 9 months ago #248897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC carers element
Cruella

It is perfectly OK for you to have aid today, they will know what you mean.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.