× Members

UC carers element

More
3 years 10 months ago #248946 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC carers element
Hi Cruella

Companies that can verify your identity
When you use GOV.UK Verify to access a government service, you choose from a list of identity providers (also called ‘certified companies’) that the government has approved to verify your identity.

These identity providers are:

Barclays
Digidentity
Experian
Post Office
SecureIdentity

From 23 March 2020, you can create a new identity account with Digidentity or Post Office. If you’ve already created an identity account with Barclays, Experian or SecureIdentity, you can still use it to sign in to government services until 24 March 2021.

Information you need to provide
The company you choose to verify your identity will ask you for some personal details. They’ll check those details against records held by mobile phone providers, credit agencies, HM Passport Office or the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

I cannot tell you what information you will be asked for as each agency may ask different questions.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #248948 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic UC carers element
Question for Gordon please when he is here - Following on from our CA and UC discussion, can I just check I am understanding it all correctly.

1) Am I correct in saying CA and UC can run simultaneously indefinitely whilst the caring etc and savings etc criteria are met?
2) Am I correct in saying that a UC claim would not remove a CA award already in place?

More
3 years 10 months ago #248950 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC carers element
Cruella

1. Yes, they are separate benefits.

2. No, it won't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 10 months ago #249021 by Perdita
We have applied for C/A and now have to wait and see. We would like to look at the UC form that would be for a person who is not applying due to health reasons. Are there different versions of UC forms?

More
3 years 10 months ago #249022 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC carers element
Hi Cruella

UC is an online application, it is digital by default.

www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit

Gary

More
3 years 9 months ago #249100 by Perdita
The reason I was wanting to see a UC form was because I wanted to get an idea of the questions before applying.
For example, I was wondering whether the UC online form asks whether you are in the process of 1) claiming CA
or
2) if you are receiving CA.
I know UC and CA are separate benefits but I can't get my head round how someone can apply for both, and then be overpaid until the claimant notifies them.
Is there anywhere I can see all the UC questions, before applying online?
Is the online UC application for everyone whether abled or disabled?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.