× Members

PIP REVIEW

More
3 years 6 months ago #252045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW
taylor

Yes, it goes back to the DWP, unless there is something special about your claim it's unlikely that it will get more than a brief glance by a DM if any.

Wait times on the DWP helplines are usually about an hour although it may be shorter if you ring as soon as they open, times for the Assessment Providers are at worst minutes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath, taylor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252056 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic PIP REVIEW
Good morning Gordon,

I took your advice and telephoned IAS and was told that they do have my PIP review form. I was told it is with the office waiting to be looked at.
I am very worried now as it looks like I will have a telephone assessment I think and I dont cope very well on the telephone.
Do most people have to have a telephone assessment when their PIP review form gets sent to IAS ?

Thanks

More
3 years 6 months ago #252076 by Gordon
taylor

The DWP have asked the Assessment Providers to do more Paper Based Reviews but we have not seen any significant increase being reported on the forum, so it is likely that you will have a telephone review. Our PIP Claim guide has a new section covering these phone interviews.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #252084 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic PIP REVIEW
Dear Gordon, thanks for your reply.

I have been very unwell today and I missed a call from IAS, a nurse who left me a message saying that she wanted to ask me a few questions and that it wouldn't take very long.
I called back later when my partner come home from work and I left her a message with my numbers.
Should I wait for her to call me back or should I try calling her again tomorrow. What do you suggest Gordon please.
Thanks

More
3 years 6 months ago #252089 by Gordon
Taylor

If you need the support of your partner during the call then call back when they are available to be with you, otherwise, I would wait for them to call you back.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor

More
3 years 6 months ago #252093 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP REVIEW
Hi Taylor

I agree with what Gordon has stated, Justin Tomlinson responded to a parliamentary question on assessment methods for PIP over the outbreak (8/10/20).

Since April 2020, there have been approximately 46,110 paper-based assessments compared to 228,730 assessments taken via telephone. questions-statements.parliament.uk/writt...a4&mc_eid=edcc37f40d

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chazy, taylor

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.