× Members

PIP REVIEW

More
3 years 6 months ago #252299 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic PIP REVIEW
Hi,

I telephoned for my PIP renewal assessment report this morning.

I was told it was not on the system yet and it is taking about a week.

When I spoke to IAS Friday gone they advised me it was sent to DWP Thursday gone.

Looks like it is taking much longer now to get your assessment report,which means your window of opportunity to write to the DWP decision maker regarding any discrepancies is getting shorter.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252470 by taylor
Hi,

I have received my PIP review assessment report today and at the top it says it is a " Review Report Form - PA3 " ?
I thought it was called a PA4.

Thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #252489 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW
taylor

The PA3 is produced when the assessor is doing a Paper Based Review, I know you had a phone call from the assessor so there has to be a question mark over whether this was the appropriate report to be produced, something to hold in your back pocket if you are unhappy with the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252493 by taylor
Good evening Gordon,

Thank you for your reply. The assessor told me during the telephone conversation that it was not a full assessment, only a few questions for clarification, so must have been paper based.

I have since received the report today and according to the assessor I scored 17 points for daily living and 12 points for planning and following journeys.
I will now have to wait and see if the DM agrees with the assessors report.

At the moment I only disagree with the review period of 1 year 6 months that the assessor recommends as it is very unlikely of improvement in my case as I have had my conditions/limitations for 30 years now.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
3 years 5 months ago #252498 by taylor
Hi again Gordon,
Do you think I should write to the DM and tell them I am not happy with the HCP recommendation of review in 1 year 6 months and explain how long I have been ill. Or just wait for DM decision letter.
My anxiety levels very high at the thought of going through all this again so soon again.
What do you think please.
Thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #252499 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW
taylor

This is your claim and only you can make a decision about writing to the DWP. If you do then you will need to be quick to avoid a Decision being made before your letter is received, stick to issues related to the length of the award, don't raise any issues about the points that might be scored, you will need to show that there is no reasonable prospect of your limitations improving.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.