× Members

Zero points for my friend.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270771 by phrank
Zero points for my friend. was created by phrank
Hi All,

just to give you an update on my friend's PIP claim.

After 2 hours and 40 minutes of sheer torture on the phone for a hard-of-hearing person of advancing years who on top of being debilitated after suffering a stroke, has both mental health issues as well as physical disabilities, the kind assessor has reassured him that there is nothing wrong with him and given him nil points.

No surprise really, it mirrors my assessment of four years ago. The assessor has agreed with him on all the descriptors and then bluntly decided, for no apparent reason, that he has no problems in these particular area, in short, calling him a liar all but in name.

The assessor who has signed herself as a nurse, told him that she had worked on a stroke ward but so have the tea ladies and cleaners, so I suppose these are experts, too.

It makes my blood boil but I will help him through this, if he decides to dispute the report and through any resulting MR or tribunal.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270780 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi phrank,
It is always disappointing to hear stories like yours and now that of your friend. However as you are now clearly an excellent advisor of all matters PIP I am sure your friend will be in good hands. Keep up the good work. We are of course ready to provide further help if needed.
Take care.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270783 by Susie27
Replied by Susie27 on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hey Phrank,

The treatment of your friend makes me so furious, and after 2 hours and 40 minutes! How do these so-called medical professionals sleep at night?

However, he has you and all your experience (thank goodness). You are a lovely friend to be supporting him in the way you are. I am just so saddened that your, already very unwell, friend has to fight on.

Pulling for him, and for you.

Susie x
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

More
1 year 10 months ago #270784 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi phrank, just to say 'good on yer' and power to your elbow.
When you've succeeded you might like to send his MP an account of this abuse of the vulnerable. So much for the Equalities Act eh?
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

More
1 year 10 months ago #270785 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic Zero points for my friend.
That is so kind of you to help and support your friend. Good that you are there for them. Nice to know that there are good unselfish people around like yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby

More
1 year 10 months ago #270786 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi LL26,

Thank you for your reply and kind words. It's so reassuring to hear that I am of some use to fellow forum members re PIP.

I will hopefully get him through this and keep your posted throughout the journey.

I may consult the forum from time to time if need be and, as I was told a long time ago by one of my bosses, will never be too proud or afraid to ask for help.

kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, denby, LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.