× Members

Zero points for my friend.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271769 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Zero points for my friend.
Aha I'm glad all the paperwork had been received. Yes, there could be a speedy decision...and I really hope so...but...
(I have to admit that I am enjoying the soap opera plot twists with each episode.):cheer:

LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271770 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi LL26,

Yes, rest assured the plot - including all the twists and turns will be duly reported.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, LL26

More
1 year 9 months ago #271825 by Peawack
Replied by Peawack on topic Zero points for my friend.
Some time ago I helped a family member with what we thought was a very strong claim for PIP. It was refused, with zero points.
I was unable to understand this decision and insisted that it was simply impossible to achieve zero points unless there was malicious intent on behalf of DWP assessment. It was in my view, a positive in that a rational reconsideration would surely take a different view.
On reconsideration we were awarded maximum points for Daily Living and Mobility. Never give up !
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, BIS, Gary, LL26

More
1 year 9 months ago #271838 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Zero points for my friend.
It just shows how they try it on, I wish more people were less naive about DWP's/assessors' sometimes at least malicious intent. Thanks for posting with the deserved outcome, it is encouraging.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peawack, phrank, LL26

More
1 year 9 months ago #271842 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Zero points for my friend.
........Do you know, rightly or wrongly, I am a firm believer that you can be in a stronger position scoring zero points than SOME points as long as you go about it the right way.

Peawack's post is such an inspiration to anyone who is unfortunate to find themselves in this awful situation.

A true, accurate zero points score is almost imposible to achieve if you have problems with anything at all.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, AliBee

More
1 year 9 months ago #271847 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi phrank,
I agree! If say DWP award 4 or 5 points on your major problem areas, it's easy to think, 'well, DWP have obviously looked at my claim, and yes, they have acknowledged my major problems, and therefore I'm just not quite as disabled as I need to be to get benefit '
Disappointing, but pragmatic.
However the zero point claimant, (and because it's Wimbledon fortnight!) will no doubt simply exclaim loudly 'YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!' and will vow to fight on.
Of course everyone here at B&W, know that it is possible to appeal both scenarios, unfortunately many people have yet to discover our help!
Keep fighting people. Winning is possible!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.