× Members

Zero points for my friend.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271121 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi BIS,

Thank you for your continuing support. Of course, I will keep you posted throughout the journey.

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271126 by Susie27
Replied by Susie27 on topic Zero points for my friend.
Go get 'em Phrank!

Susie
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

More
1 year 10 months ago #271321 by phrank
Hi all,

Just to say we've got out heads around the way we are writing the
MR letter.

He is still waiting for a letter from his Occupational Health Therapist who has told him over the phone that she will support him however she can.

It really is stressing him to the extent that he says if the MR isn't successful he won't pursue the matter further.

One step at a time, I say and I dare say he may change his mind should he get the 'knockback'.

Actually, the assessor did in fact contact his GP as stated in the assessment report as we checked with his surgery.

According to the report and the decision letter, his GP said that he didn't have any upper and lower body strength issues due to the stroke(s) but he never stated that he had!

I suspect the assessor is trying it on due to the fact he drives and that's why she put this particular fact on the report.

One last thing; is it possible to ask for a copy of the correspondence the GP sent back to the AP/DWP?

Any feedback would be more than welcome.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271326 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi Phrank

Your friend could check with the doctor and see if they even kept a copy and what if anything they will charge for giving you a copy. (There's a chance they won't have kept a copy). Otherwise, your friend would need to put in a subject access request with the DWP.

I know your friend says that he won't want to continue if the MR is unsuccessful - but the fact is the majority of MR's are unsuccessful., but that is not the case for appeals - appeals as you know at least have someone with professional understanding. Not saying that always helps but more appeals are won - so I think it has a big impact. Also because your friend got zero points - if it was the same at MR - he still has no money - so might as well resubmit all information and just forget about it for 6months to a year. Obviously, it's up to him just as long as he knows the system.

Driving will always be an issue for the DWP. They are fixated on it. I wish GPs would ask their patients before just filling out the form!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #271329 by phrank
Hi Bis,

Thank you for your reply and continuing support. It's that long since I went to tribunal I've forgotten the procedure - and indeed the criteria may have changed since.

Could you please remind me so I can pass the information on to him? - i.e will he need to write a letter rather like and MR or does he just ask the DWP to pass the information they hold on to the Tribunal Service?

If it is the latter - and he really doesn't have to do anything or very little - it might just persuade him to go ahead.

I thank you in advice.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271331 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Zero points for my friend.
Hi Phrank

You can find the information from page 9 Guide to PIP appeals. There are several ways to do it - all of which are explained over a couple of pages. Hopefully one would suit your friend.

He submits any information he wants to . He can even add information before the appeal as long as it is relevant to the time of his claim.

The DWP prepare their own bundle for an appeal and that will be sent to him.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

I hope it doesn't come to this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.