× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
8 years 2 months ago #152624 by sharona46
FAILED PIP MR was created by sharona46
H i all! Well I received the PIP report today and was astounded. I don't think they have even bothered with it to be honest so I do now need to do a written letter. I still am waiting for my MRI scan report so I don't have a diagnosis yet. I did call them a few days ago when I was told I had scored 0 points, my PIP decision letter had been sent to my previous address as we have not long moved, this was dated the 12th February, I did ask the advisor if she would extend the one month time limit as I was awaiting the letter arriving at my new address, she said she will make a note about this on her system. The incontinence issues were not even mentioned, I was hanging onto my son as my back was in spasm and was in tears in the waiting room although none of this was noted.

The day after the PIP assessment I went for my ESA assessment and in my report it says I could barely manage 5 metres without pain and help from my son. Once again the PIP report says the opposite. My ESA report was great and on point even going as far as to say I looked tired, pale and in considerable pain. Do I call PIP up and ask them not to make the reconsideration until they have received my letter explaining why I feel I should be awarded PIP? Thanks Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152640 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR
sharona

Although you actually have 13 months to request an MR, if you do not do so within one month of the date of the Decision then the DWP have the right to refuse your request, even if you explain why the request is late. This does not happen very often, but it does happen and if it does then you have no right of appeal.

So my recommendation is that you make the request for an MR in writing now and include a note that you will be providing additional as soon as you can, the DWP usually allow four weeks for this to happen.

Your primary goal for the MR is to show that you meet the criteria for an award, once you have done this you can deal with the assessment report, try and stick to arguing the facts rather than against the opinions of the assessor.

You can use the ESA report as additional evidence, but you will need to draw the DM's attention to the areas of overlap between the two benefits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152664 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
That makes perfect sense Gordon, you are my life saver at the moment! I have just called them and asked them to wait for my letter and they agreed. I will do this today and send it off recorded delivery tomorrow. I will get the ESA report photocopied too and send it with it. I have also called the rheumatolgist's secretary, left a message asking them if they could speed up my diagnosis from the MRI scan. I also said it would be very helpful if he could write a report evidencing the extent of my multiple joint and muscle pain which I have constantly.

The PIP decision maker pointed out that my pain medication is on the low side which is not true, I take a lot of medication but as this sets off my IBS I try to not take it as often as needed. Right, I will get to it and thanks a million Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154307 by sharona46
Hi Gordon,

I did get my MRI results showing significant disc degenerative disease and multiple intervertebral bulging discs which are compressing the nerve roots. They are sending me to Pain Management and Physio and are looking at injecting neuropathic agents but are hanging on to see what the Neurologist finds with me having seizures. I have called PIP and explained that I will be sending them a copy of the scan report, they were actually working on my case as I called so we will see. Thanks to all. I will keep you updated
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #155143 by sharona46
I had the letter today saying they are awarding me zero points so now they are giving me 1 month to appeal following the MR. Will I now need to find a Welfare Rights Officer to help me with this as I am appealing it? Thanks all.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155145 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic FAILED PIP MR
Hi Sharona,

I have merged your query with your previous PIP topic. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place.

MR rarely does anything other than 'rubber stamp' the original decision so try not to take this personally.

You can certainly use a welfare advisor for your appeal - if you can find one. The reality that, given widespread cuts to funding, these people are hard to find. If you cannot find anyone, don't panic. Many of our members have dealt with an appeal on their own and had a satisfactory outcome. You can always leave that section of the appeal form blank for now and notify the Tribunal Service about a representative if you can find one.

Your first priority now is to get the appeal requested, you have one month from the date on the MR letter to do this. As usual, our PIP guide will talk you through the process.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PI P related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.