× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
8 years 1 month ago #155147 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Oh I do apologize for the merging issue. I think I will have to try to be a lot more pro-active in attempting to get a hold of evidence etc as it is just too easy to put it off a day although the fatigue and pain I feel on a daily basis is a battle in itself. I will call the Royal British Legion too as my Mental Health Nurse is through this channel. I need a heck of a lot more evidence, in my report it says that as I am on low pain medication it is obvious to them that I don't have significant pain but I choose to live this way as I have IBS and severe allergies so I would rather tolerate the pain than have daily chronic painful spazms in my gut from more tablets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157201 by sharona46
Hello all! Just an update for you, the appeal has been lodged although no date as of yet. I did ask my GP for a support letter but she refused saying that they did not get involved with PIP and only if DWP contact them for info then they do get involved. I really don't have hardly any written evidence only what I sent them when they refused me so I don't know. The advisor from the CAB wrote what I think is called a submission stating why I feel I should be given an award and this went along with the appeal application. I felt the submission should have been written by me as I could have made it more detailed as such.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157267 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR

sharona46 wrote: Hello all! Just an update for you, the appeal has been lodged although no date as of yet. I did ask my GP for a support letter but she refused saying that they did not get involved with PIP and only if DWP contact them for info then they do get involved. I really don't have hardly any written evidence only what I sent them when they refused me so I don't know. The advisor from the CAB wrote what I think is called a submission stating why I feel I should be given an award and this went along with the appeal application. I felt the submission should have been written by me as I could have made it more detailed as such.

As a Decision on your claim has been made the DWP will not now write to your GP, so it may be worth you trying again for a support letter, although I would not be surprised if it was still refused.

You can request a copy of your medical records.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

It's your appeal, so if you do not think that the CAB letter is sufficient then you can provide your own submission, you might want to wait until you have received the DWP's submission, to actually send it, but you can start preparing it now.

You can continue to supply information up to about 7 days before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157380 by sharona46
Thanks for that advice Gordon. I was thinking also that my 22 year old son could write a letter stating how my life is affected by my conditions on a daily basis too. He has seen me in severe and chronic pain since he was old enough to remember so this I feel is important. I have debts due to being in and out of work with my health issues so I can't afford to pay for medical evidence. I am seeing a debt advisor at the CAB and applying for a debt relief order though. I will write my own submission letter, I did send a letter to the MR but it made no difference to the outcome. I am wondering how long it will be before the date is set. I must say it is all very draining.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157398 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR

sharona46 wrote: Thanks for that advice Gordon. I was thinking also that my 22 year old son could write a letter stating how my life is affected by my conditions on a daily basis too. He has seen me in severe and chronic pain since he was old enough to remember so this I feel is important. I have debts due to being in and out of work with my health issues so I can't afford to pay for medical evidence. I am seeing a debt advisor at the CAB and applying for a debt relief order though. I will write my own submission letter, I did send a letter to the MR but it made no difference to the outcome. I am wondering how long it will be before the date is set. I must say it is all very draining.

You will have a minimum of four weeks from the date on the DWP submission that you should receive shortly, it may well be longer. You can submit evidence and information up to seven days before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159280 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic DWP Call
Hi Gordon, I had a message left on my phone today saying that he works for DWP and my name has come up to a random check to see if my benefit entitlement is correct, he goes on to say that he is in my area on Wednesday 25th May at 11 am so he would like to pay me a home visit then. He says will I call him to confirm this will e convenient, he leaves a mobile number. I did call to confirm this but there was no answer. I have never had anything like this before but was wondering if it is because of me being in the ESA Support Group since February 16? Has anyone had this happen to them before? Thanks all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.