× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 11 months ago #159298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Call

sharona46 wrote: Hi Gordon, I had a message left on my phone today saying that he works for DWP and my name has come up to a random check to see if my benefit entitlement is correct, he goes on to say that he is in my area on Wednesday 25th May at 11 am so he would like to pay me a home visit then. He says will I call him to confirm this will e convenient, he leaves a mobile number. I did call to confirm this but there was no answer. I have never had anything like this before but was wondering if it is because of me being in the ESA Support Group since February 16? Has anyone had this happen to them before? Thanks all.

I'm sure it is all above board but I would contact your local JC+ office to confirm that the person who phoned you is genuine, I would have expected you to have received a letter first.

I'm afraid we are seeing a lot of these appointments at the moment, if they are saying that it is at random then it is another case of the DWP trying to rattle claimants in the Support Group, they very rarely are of any help in making sure that the claimant is receiving the correct benefits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharona46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159308 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic DWP Call
Thanks Gordon. I have just been put on morphine for pain so not very coherent at the minute but will have my son with me when he calls in. I did leave him a message saying could he please come earlier than 11 am on Wednesday as I very rarely sleep through the night and will be very sleepy by 9 to 10 am so we will see what happens. I will let you know the outcome. I will be so happy once the PIP appeal is over and done with too. I did do my own submission and have a strong letter of evidence from my CPN so I will send this to them too. The bundle of papers is just being checked over by the CAB advisor so I will send it all off this week and then just wait for the court date.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159550 by sharona46
Hi Gordon and Team, I called the DWP mystery man and I explained to him that if he didn't mind talking to me whilst I am laid on my bed then all will be fine. He asked me if I was this ill most of the time and I replied 'Oh yes, I have been dealing with this pain for a long time now', he then said he would call me again in a couple of weeks to rearrange, I agreed that was fine. He said that it is nothing to worry about and he will just check to see if I am receiving all of what I am owed! I tried my hardest not to laugh out loud....
My PIP hearing date is the 21st July at 2 pm so I am happy now we are getting closer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 11 months ago #160308 by sharona46
Well the guy did turn up as expected to my house and he was a very serious character. It was actually nothing to do with a benefit check as he had sort of implied although his words were ' nothing to worry about, I just want to check you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to'. It actually was a housing benefit check so he wanted 2 forms of ID, he wanted to see all of my bank accounts too. I have 3 Halifax accounts, I brought them up online for him and they all had a balance of 0. Lots of questions were asked too. As he left the house he said 'after the check your benefits will remain the same'. That was it. I had no letter either, just a phone call. My PIP Court appeal date is 21st July at 2 pm so getting as much evidence together as possible. I will keep you informed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #162938 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic PIP APPEAL DATE
Hi Gordon, I have the PIP appeal coming up on the 21st July at 2pm and have been busy trying to get the last minute evidence together. I did see a chap at the CAB who seemed to think it would not be of any use to send my submission letter but he said you can take it on the day and read from it as a sort of 'day in the life of me' type of thing. I am sending it anyway as I feel it will be important for them. I will have my 22 year old son with me so fingers crossed it will all go according to plan and I get my awards. I will update you with the outcome, Happy Sunday to you!

More
7 years 9 months ago #163346 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic PIP APPEAL
Hi Gordon, the chap (CAB) who helped me with my appeal bundle has sent the extra evidence off and today I received in the post from the Courts and Tribunal the bundle copied back which I take on the day. I have noticed though that he has put I can no longer walk anymore then 50 metres but it is actually 20 metres. Can I correct this at my tribunal please Gordon? I am that dosed up on medication for pain that I can't think straight and in all honestly I don't even know how far this is, all I know is that I am in agony when I hit the end of my drive which is not too far from my front door. I really need the enhanced award as to afford to use this to help me get better, thanks Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.