× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 9 months ago #164182 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic FAILED PIP MR
DWP do sometimes contact the claimant with a change of decision at the last minute before a tribunal - but it is uncommon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharona46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164279 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

I am in the ESA Support Group and just fighting for a PIP award at present but is there anything else I could be claiming please as I am seriously struggling to afford food after my rent and bills have been paid? Thank-you.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164281 by slugsta
Hi Sharona,

The first thing to ask is whether you are on income-related ESA? If you are getting contributory but have a very low household income (you plus any partner who lives with you), and savings/assets less than £16000, you might be entitled to income-related top-ups. If you think this applies to you, and any partner who lives with you works less than 24 hours per week, you should ask DWP for an ESA3 form, which will collect details of your financial situation.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you qualify for income-related benefit you will automatically be entitled to other things, such as free prescriptions. If you currently pay for your medicines you should check to see if you can get help with these on the grounds of low income.

You should also put your figures into a site such as 'turn2us' to see if there is anything else you are entitled to.

www.turn2us.org.uk/

Finally, don't be too proud to approach food banks for help if you need it!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164405 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
As I am patiently waiting for my medical records to be sent to the Judge ready for my next hearing by phone I have been going through the site here and although I sent a written submission to the panel, what I haven't done is write a submission based on what functions are disabled and limited due to my conditions. My son and I have basically written how my daily life is affected and how I meet the descriptors but we feel we could make it a little bit easier for the panel to understand my difficulties better if I do this in more detail and depth. Would this be a waste of time do you think? My son knows on the day of the phone hearing I will get woolly headed and distressed on them asking me questions as my cognitive faculties have been damaged since the the last grand mal seizure as I fractured my skull whilst fitting. Thank-you Team.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164423 by slugsta
This is your appeal and you must feel happy with the way it is conducted. By all means send more information if you feel it will help - but try to keep things simple and logical so that it easier for the panel to read and understand.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165682 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic Time-scale for next hearing!
Hi Gordon,

I haven't heard anything from the tribunal as of yet regarding the phone call hearing although I know that they have received my medical records as my surgery had sent them on the 5th August. I haven't received a copy though. The DWP's timescale is up on Wednesday 17thAugust, my son has e-mailed the Clerk at Court and has asked for a direction towards the DWP not being offered anymore time so the Clerk says he will attach his e-mail requesting this onto the Judge's notes.

My Occupational Therapist has written a letter of support as has my MP and my GP. I now have aids and adaptations to help me more-so in the house. Do I send anything else to the DWP or just to the Courts please Gordon? Thanks as always, Shazza.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.