× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 9 months ago #163926 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Yes, I see what you mean, well this is reassuring indeed, I wonder how long it will take for them to get the medical records? I will see my GP in the morning as I do need to discuss the pain medication just isn't giving me enough of a break but also to add that the records are being called for.

I have had a lot of pain and anxiety medication on repeat in early 2015 when I was working as I had no time to get to the doctor, I hope these gaps will not go against me.

Right, I shall stop 'over-thinking' now Gordon as I do this a lot as you know!

Thanks as always Gordon! You have been my safety net and I will be a member of this site for as long as it is around!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163990 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic PIP APPEAL
Hi Gordon,

I went to see my GP this morning, she said it can only be a good thing that they are requesting my medical records so fingers crossed. I became quite upset again, she said that she will write a strong letter regarding how my conditions affect me. I said that I don't have a diagnosis so she looked up my last MRI scan of my lumbar which revealed multiple bulging discs and significant disc degeneration. This will be causing my pain as the bulges are pressing against the nerves. She called this condition that I have - Spondyloarthrosis so at least i have one now. I asked her why then is the pain all over my body from head to toe, she says this condition will cause this so this can only be a good thing for the panel. Now, we need the medical notes to make sense and link up with my submission letter. I also have an undiagnosed mental health problem alongside of high anxiety and PTSD from my childhood. I am with the MHT but I haven't started sessions with the Psychiatrist yet. If the panel say that these conditions are new and after my PIP application I can argue this as I have had recurrent depression and anxiety from my youth, my back problem was diagnosed when I was 15 years old so have had pain killers all of my life. Have I got it right do you think Gordon?

More
7 years 9 months ago #164008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR
Sharon

As long as you can show that you had the symptoms at the time of the assessment then it does not matter that you have not started treatment yet.

And having a diagnosis for your back problems will definitely help..

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharona46

More
7 years 9 months ago #164052 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic Adjournment Notice
Hi Gordon,

I received a letter from the Judge today and they are asking the Secretary of State (DWP) to file a supplemental response explaining the apparent discrepancy between the conclusions from the face to face consultation on 2nd Feb for the PIP assessment and the ESA 85 assessment on the 3rd Feb. They have 28 days to do this.

Basically the ESA assessor saw how much of a struggle I had with my overall body pain and because of this and other factors I was placed into the Support Group, a day before I had my PIP assessment and the assessor said in his report that I walked with a perfect gait and was able to rise from the chair unaided when my son was actually helping me up.

The PIP assessor gave me zero points so this is why the Judge is putting this point forward. Like you say Gordon this leaves a huge gap.

The letter also points out that we are to next have the hearing via phone as I was too distressed to engage.

I wonder how long this will all take now as I am completely drained by it all.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164102 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR
Sharon

I'm afraid I think it likely that the DWP will make full use of the 28 days they have been given to write to the panel, your hearing will then need to be listed again, so it's not going to be soon. :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164180 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic Time-scale for next hearing!
I thought so Gordon. I wonder how the DWP can fight this as they are really going to lose anyway as long as my medical records are showing what they expect. I wonder how long it will take for the phone hearing to be arranged too. I think it is looking at 4 - 6 weeks! Thanks Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.