× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 9 months ago #166369 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic MP
Hi Gordon,

My MP has now joined forces with my GP and she has sent a letter to the Court to expedite the case due to my increasing anxiety levels and just generally over-exhaustion with it all.

I have now received a letter from the Court saying that because of these letters they are now demanding a response from the SOS in 7 days, if they don't reply to the Court then the Judge will bar them from having anymore involvement in my case.

The latest letter from my Occ Health therapist seems to be helping too. If I win, would the back-dated award go as far back as to the claim please Gordon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166380 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MP

sharona46 wrote: Hi Gordon,

My MP has now joined forces with my GP and she has sent a letter to the Court to expedite the case due to my increasing anxiety levels and just generally over-exhaustion with it all.

I have now received a letter from the Court saying that because of these letters they are now demanding a response from the SOS in 7 days, if they don't reply to the Court then the Judge will bar them from having anymore involvement in my case.

The latest letter from my Occ Health therapist seems to be helping too. If I win, would the back-dated award go as far back as to the claim please Gordon?

I can't see from your previous posts if this was a new claim for PIP of a transfer from DLA.

If it was a new claim then it should be backdated to when you made the claim.

If it was a reassessment of an existing claim or a transfer from DLA, then it will be backdated to the date of the Decision you appealed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #166381 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic MP
Thanks for that Gordon, yes it is a new claim as I have never applied for anything like this or DVLA before.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166427 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic Missed DWP call
Hi Gordon,

I missed a call from I think it was DWP today, remember they sent me a text last Monday just gone saying they had all the info they needed to decide on my PIP claim. They said they would be writing to me.

The MPs letter asking for my case to be expedited has now been around DWP aswell as the Court, so as my Occ Health letter as the Courts sent DWP copies of this evidence. The new evidence has reached DWP after their text. I am thinking they are now going to contact me by phone to offer me a PIP award. If this happens and I am not happy, what should I say to the DWP DM please?

More
7 years 9 months ago #166481 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR
Sharon

Although the DWP do seem recently to be "offering" awards to claimants who are appealing, there is no requirement for them to do so, they should either revise the original Decision or not.

If they do make you an offer, then we can't advise you whether to take it or not, this is something that only you can consider.

Be aware, even if you do accept a revised Decision you still retain a right of appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharona46

More
7 years 9 months ago #166764 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Hi Gordon,

The 7 days are up now for the DWP to respond to the Court for a second time so now they are barred from my case. The Clerk at Court said they will now write to me with a new hearing date to be held by phone. I hope I can hear them ok as my hearing is not too good. I would rather DWP have offered me an enhanced award at the last minute so I don't have to appeal as my anxiety gets the better of me. I will ask my GP to give me something to slow me down a bit so my panic buttons don't go off. How does this look to you Gordon? Thanks as always.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris