× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 8 months ago #167700 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic FAILED PIP MR
That is very good news Amanda! You should still get a proper decision notice in due course.

Have you got a copy of the assessor's report? This is the thing that most people find helpful and can be obtained by phoning DWP. You can submit a SAR request for all the paperwork associated with your claim if you wish

Requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167704 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Awe thank-you Mrs Hurtyback, I am Sharona though not Amanda haha.

Yes I must ask for it all as I can not go through such trauma again without extra help. I actually had a bulb-light moment after I received that letter I posted to you, I thought it must be that as they are struggling to have a clear enough picture of my mobility/moving around issues, it makes sense to ask my OT for a letter stating the walking, metres and the safely and reliably part added in. So, bless her, Beth (my OT) dropped everything yesterday to do me a letter, she faxed it over to the DM who rang me to give me the great news. The DM also asked me for Beth's number, she called Beth and asked more questions.

The DM who called me today said that it was Beth's letter that sealed the deal as such. The importance of the Occupational Therapist's support to all of you PIP claimants out there is of huge importance in helping you to paint the picture nice and clear for the DM.

Beth actually stated in her letter too that when she visits meat home she see's me struggle to move just 10 metres in my house and being in severe pain. She says that although I can walk 50 metres I cannot do this reliably and repeatedly.

I also wish to complain to DWP and I wish to claim compensation for damages to my mental and physical health. How do I begin to do this please and who to? While in the support group I should have been taking things easy and focusing on getting as better as possible but since the PIP assessor giving me zero points and telling lies I have gone through hell, my GP and Neurologist have seen me in a very distressed state talking of suicide so I am deeply hurt by this. Thank-you.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167705 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic FAILED PIP MR
Silly me, of course you are Sharona!! :blush:

I hope this will be helpful

Complaining to the DWP

Have you already involved your MP?

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167708 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Haha, it is fine! Thank-you so much for all you do here on-line. I will always be a member on her for as long as it is around. I always send people to you too. My son will be claiming the Carer's allowance now, he is just coming off ESA too so I think he may go on income support aswell. I think they backdate the 34.00 top up to ESA all the way back to my claim date to, not sure about the IS. I am wondering if I will get an increase in housing benefit and if so will they back-date it please?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167714 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR

sharona46 wrote: Haha, it is fine! Thank-you so much for all you do here on-line. I will always be a member on her for as long as it is around. I always send people to you too. My son will be claiming the Carer's allowance now, he is just coming off ESA too so I think he may go on income support aswell. I think they backdate the 34.00 top up to ESA all the way back to my claim date to, not sure about the IS. I am wondering if I will get an increase in housing benefit and if so will they back-date it please?

Congratulations on getting the DWP to revise the Decision.

Providing he makes the CA claim within one month of you receiving the Decision letter he should be able to back date it to the date that your PIP claim starts from.

Housing Benefit does not work in quite the same way, although it can be reduced it won't be increased above the standard limit, so it depends on whether you are receiving full HB now or not, if you aren't then it should be backdated as well.

You may be eligible for a Council Tax reduction, speak to your LA.

Gordon

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, sharona46

More
7 years 8 months ago #167725 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Well done Sharona for your patience and persistence.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.