× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 7 months ago #167976 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Also, do you think I have a case if I decide to complain to DWP regarding the zero points decision, the MR fail and the fight to my win of enhanced on both? I am wondering if I could claim compensation for the damage done to my health, I had to fight 8 months constantly whilst I should have been aiming to achieve an improved form of wellness whilst in the support group?
What are your thoughts on this please and where do I begin if I have a chance? Thanks as always.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168002 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR
Sharon

I'm afraid we don't deal with Housing Benefit on the forum, your local CAB should be able to help you.

HB operates differently from other benefits, for example there is a maximum rate even if your qualifying amount is higher and rates and many of the rules will be specific to your LA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168013 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR

sharona46 wrote: Also, do you think I have a case if I decide to complain to DWP regarding the zero points decision, the MR fail and the fight to my win of enhanced on both? I am wondering if I could claim compensation for the damage done to my health, I had to fight 8 months constantly whilst I should have been aiming to achieve an improved form of wellness whilst in the support group?
What are your thoughts on this please and where do I begin if I have a chance? Thanks as always.

I think you should set your expectation low in regard a complaint, but would still encourage you to make one, if no one complains about the system there is no hope that it will ever be improved.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169006 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
Yes, I understand Gordon. I have sent off my letter of complaint and a letter of complaint to the DVLA and DWP regarding the back-dated free road tax that no-one wishes to pay out for. My complaint letter does mention the two zero points decisions and the third upholding the zero points decision in Court by the PO and the resulting final overturned decision being enhanced on both. I also added that I was not happy with such a short award as I have degenerative conditions that will not get better. We will see what the outcome will be.

My car which I own outright is an 02 reg and the gearbox is going on it, it was confirmed whilst having it's MOT as a symbol lit up on the dashboard. The garage have a special computer which did tell them this and it does explain why it keeps slipping all gears. I see the motability deal is a very good one but as I was given 12 points for mobility and they can re-assess me anytime after September 18 I am not sure if it is worth me going down this route. They could so easily take it back if they knock 1 point off my mobility. Not sure what to do. Thank-you for the advice given earlier, I have been without a laptop and with my back-dated money I bought a new one as I am now going to be starting a kindle-book business all being well. I do aim to have enough of an income by September 2017 that I can afford to not need any benefit of any kind. Smart work and not hard work as the saying goes!

Wishing you all a great weekend! Shazza x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.